• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

fireworks

adrian rathbone

Not sure if this is the correct forum for these but i thought i would post a couple of fireworks shots from a recent carnival night

3023404248_e03c35b058.jpg

3023420142_04871cb636.jpg

3022580593_a3a204ac05.jpg

3023414542_bf9d2dfa98.jpg

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Not sure if this is the correct forum for these but i thought i would post a couple of fireworks shots from a recent carnival night

3023414542_bf9d2dfa98.jpg
Adrian,

I like this last one in particular because of the layering of colors that gives the impression of depth. Firework photography is a challenge for the still photographer as the whoosh, crackling and booms are to be heard and felt at the same time. In fact, only having experienced this would we be able to imagine it.

I'd like to see this picture larger. I don't know if it will stand the enlargement but it should be pretty. Besides capturing the big spray of colors erupting, which is tough enough, getting a special composition is another matter. Is there any detail discoverable in the blackness that's worth exploring?

Asher

BTW, would it test your own concept of truth for you to overlay some of these images to make a new presentation? Sort of like stitching a landscape, since after all these pictures all occurred in the same place.

BTW, would it test your own concept of truth for you to overlay some of these images to make a new presentation? Sort of like stitching a landscape, since after all these pictures all occurred in the same place.

If the background didn't move, or is very dark, the easiest way of doing that is layering (e.g. in Photoshop) in a "Lighten" blending mode.

Bart

adrian rathbone

ok heres what i did

right ok what i did was here i have taken a vertical shot from the same fireworks display and lightened the buildings at the bottom, (shame the water wasnt higher that night then built a collage of 3 other fireworks around it c+c please

3034564316_946affcae2_b.jpg

Last edited:
right ok what i did was here i have taken a vertical shot from the same fireworks display and lightened the buildings at the bottom, (shame the water wasnt higher that night then built a collage of 3 other fireworks around it c+c please

Hi Adrian,

Such a composition allows to build impressive firework displays, doesn't it? ;-)

In this collage it's too bad that you've lost the highlight definition, which your earlier examples seemed to be retaining much better. Maybe caused by the method of compositing? Any details how you did it?

Bart

adrian rathbone

composition

im quite new to editing multiple images i did this using layer on paint shop pro , then erasing certain areas of the various laers using different oppacity levels