• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sunday Tulips!

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi

looks like one in a row of attempts to find a certain result, unsteady, uncertain about what to do ... maybe colors would be more convincing.

Charlotte Thompson

No the color art I did is original Wolfgang. The trouble was with the image hosting. The last larger work I found a better image hosting site. No other problems.

Charlotte-

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator

Hi Charlotte,
I hope you'll solve your hosting sever problem!

This image is quite different as the ones you use to show.

In this one I do like the soft and gentle light and the gradients on the flower itself.

There is openness and secracy in the same time. Mystère !

Cool!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Charlotte,

This is not a picture that can be critiqued easily as it's far to complex. The lighting succeeds so well in making a world with rules and expectations that are a complete mystery to me! Even the boundaries are unexpected, as I would have imagined for this, at least in my own known Universe, a portrait set of proportions to comfortably contain all there is, with more open space above the rich and statelyso, flower!

So, I am both intrigued and challenged, as I can see there's a lot to read, but it's in in a language I do not follow well, but one I can respect, move to and adore as an outsider, looking in. But I do not have to speak all languages to value and treasure riches I come across! So there is no need for this or other art to obey rules, just to resonate.......... and that, it does!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Nicolas
Thank you! This is not one of my overlays. it is instead a vase of light pink tulips I received as a birthday gift last Sunday. Such a sweet delicate flower. I am one to not listen to what is expected in such a photograph ,,instead i am my own expressionist much like you- I have no need to be anyone but me in what I make. Nicolas you have got it right... flowers do have an open secrets to them as I feel the same thing...so voila !

Charlotte-

Peter Dexter

Has a "photojournalist of old " look to me. I bet the original image with pink flowers is appealing. It looks like Photobucket is about to close down completely their site that offers free hosting and put up another where all account levels will be charged.

nicolas claris

Nicolas
Thank you! This is not one of my overlays. it is instead a vase of light pink tulips I received as a birthday gift last Sunday. Such a sweet delicate flower. I am one to not listen to what is expected in such a photograph ,,instead i am my own expressionist much like you- I have no need to be anyone but me in what I make. Nicolas you have got it right... flowers do have an open secrets to them as I feel the same thing...so voila !

Charlotte-

Charlotte
Exactly!
That is why I wrote recently somewhere in OPF that an image cannot be appreciated at the same level by every one.
We can only share and expect to please some. Even with no hope that the pleasing comes from the same reason than ours…
:)

BTW As you know I'm working on the power of black(s) "color" nowadays (nothing related to B&W), hence your image was perfectly on time!
I love it:)

Charlotte Thompson

Has a "photojournalist of old " look to me. I bet the original image with pink flowers is appealing. It looks like Photobucket is about to close down completely their site that offers free hosting and put up another where all account levels will be charged.

Peter
Thanks for coming by and your input! Everyone here knows of my vintage love and you are so right I have put my vintage love into the flower. I never do much in color unless there is shadow and shading etc. Just me.

Charlotte-

Charlotte Thompson

Charlotte
Exactly!
That is why I wrote recently somewhere in OPF that an image cannot be appreciated at the same level by every one.
We can only share and expect to please some. Even with no hope that the pleasing comes from the same reason than ours…
:)

BTW As you know I'm working on the power of black(s) "color" nowadays (nothing related to B&W), hence your image was perfectly on time!
I love it:)

Nicolas

Here is something you might like...

There is something about black. You feel hidden away
Georgia O'Keeffe-

Thank you. I love ,you love the black- so much you can do with black. I have found a few more flowers I photographed "daring to be black in flower dear flower.

nicolas claris

Nicolas

Here is something you might like...

There is something about black. You feel hidden away
Georgia O'Keeffe-

Thank you. I love ,you love the black- so much you can do with black. I have found a few more flowers I photographed "daring to be black in flower dear flower.

[/center]
Ah! Oh! Yes love it :)