• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Our oldest cat

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Ma Place! - click on photo for larger version​

Michael,

This one caught the attention of my five year old grandson who went will over it and thought this was really cool. Smart kid! I like the vert determined and confidant look, the sharp face whiskers and soft b.g.; works for me too! :)

Asher

Michael Nagel

Asher - thanks, it is the determination she still has I wanted to show with this picture. She clearly hasn't softened with the years.

Jarmo - thanks. Belong to are the right words. Handsome and very determined.

Best regards,
Michael

Michael Nagel

Thanks for 15 wonderful years

Her health deteriorated over the last two weeks and this morning she was put down to avoid further suffering. She was 17 years old, for 15 years she stayed with us.

It was a wonderful time that has come to an end.

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Her health deteriorated over the last two weeks and this morning she was put down to avoid further suffering. She was 17 years old, for 15 years she stayed with us. It was a wonderful time that has come to an end.

Best regards,
Michael

Michael,

Losses like this are only possible when folk have invested in family, friends or pets! It's the other side of happiness, the loss of what has been one dear to us. More often than not we don't appreciate our gifts until they are used up or depart. I know you did enjoy this friend for 15 years and that's a long time for a cat and a long time for humans too. (Think about it: many marriages, starting in indescribable bliss, end 2-7 years later in acrimony). This picture is worthy of an exceptionally good bonding. Glad you devoted the effort to make such a nice picture to print and keep. Tom dinning is good at posing, but this cat aces it with poise, dignity, style and attitude!

Asher

Michael Nagel

Asher,

thanks - she was very determined and had her own set of rules she lived on and imposed on other cats (and humans). She will live on in our memories.

I am not sure how to interpret your comparison with Tom here. I respect his work and his ability to take a different, new point of view (and I think his take on this is probably that he can speak for himself :) ), so for me this does not suit both for a comparison (too different).

Best regards,
Michael

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Asher,

I am not sure how to interpret your comparison with Tom here. I respect his work and his ability to take a different, new point of view (and I think his take on this is probably that he can speak for himself :) ), so for me this does not suit both for a comparison (too different).

Best regards,
Michael

Neither am I, Michael.
I do not speak of cats but I can empathize with your loss. It's always difficult to loose something we value. Your loss is no less because of what it is but more because of what it is to you.

Michael Nagel

She certainly knew how to pose. As long as her health issues did not impede her too much she was the boss - none of the two other cats, including Nelson, challenged her.

Here are four more - how she will be remembered:

This is the oldest I have of her online - taken in 2004:

Four years ago:

One year ago:

Best regards,
Michael

Michael Nagel

Terry,

Thanks.

She had an unique way to judge people, other cats and situations in general.
She was able to communicate what she wanted in a clear fashion.

When someone was ill or sad, she was there to comfort.

Hope we could give her some of it back during her last days.

Best regards,
Michael