• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Book on Photoshop

Antonio Correia

I have been reading Guy Tal's "The landscape Photographer's - guide to Photoshop" as well as his other book with great pleasure.
On the former I have been learning and learning a lot.
I know that I could ask this question on the web where perhaps 1 trillion answer would pop, but I prefer to address to you all. And my question is:

Which book should I get to learn Photoshop ? Doesn't need to be very deep. It should be soft, so to say.
I will not be neither an expert in CC nor a complete newbie... just to learn easily but with consistency.

No, I a not interested in e-versions. Most of the time I do not even look at what I buy this way. It is a complete waste of money.
Thank you for your help.

BTW - I use LR and CC
i-Q3w8vDS-L.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have been reading Guy Tal's "The landscape Photographer's - guide to Photoshop" as well as his other book with great pleasure.
On the former I have been learning and learning a lot.
I know that I could ask this question on the web where perhaps 1 trillion answer would pop, but I prefer to address to you all. And my question is:

Which book should I get to learn Photoshop ? Doesn't need to be very deep. It should be soft, so to say.
I will not be neither an expert in CC nor a complete newbie... just to learn easily but with consistency.

No, I a not interested in e-versions. Most of the time I do not even look at what I buy this way. It is a complete waste of money.
Thank you for your help.

BTW - I use LR and CC
i-Q3w8vDS-L.jpg

Let me absorb the question and think about it.

Meanwhile, Antonio, tell me about this picture and the 3D textured effect. Is this a picture of a work of art or is your picture the art itself made from something you saw and not yet art, beforecyoucarrived?

Asher

fahim mohammed

Antonio, the book I would recommend for you is:

The Art Of PHOTOSHOP
Daniel Giordan

ISBN 0-672-32270-6
Publisher: Sams
The first printing was in 2002.

I still refer to it for something quick. It is not P.S. reference book by any means.

Best.