Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > UV/IR Thermal or Xray Photography

UV/IR Thermal or Xray Photography Humans happen to use visible light naturally but now we can go beyond the usual wavelengths we appreciate, to find out more about our world and ourselves.

Old April 30th, 2018, 12:16 PM

Default Some IR images

Newbie to IR. Bought an IR converted Fuji X-M1. Did some preliminary research and discovered a thing called "hot spots". Further research led me down the path of buying the Fuji 18-135 lens which according to others' reviews is ideal for IR on Fuji X-mount system. Have glued that lens onto my X-M1 and have ventured out a few days to take some IR shots. Here's the initial results. CC welcomed.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/buckey...57664189963968

Old April 30th, 2018, 04:05 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Psaltis View Post
Newbie to IR. Bought an IR converted Fuji X-M1. Did some preliminary research and discovered a thing called "hot spots". Further research led me down the path of buying the Fuji 18-135 lens which according to others' reviews is ideal for IR on Fuji X-mount system. Have glued that lens onto my X-M1 and have ventured out a few days to take some IR shots. Here's the initial results. CC welcomed.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/buckey...57664189963968

Tony,

I am so pleased you persevered and extracted the proper form of URL from Flickr. Do you know it will be part of Smugmug shortly?

I would have thought this was a painstakingly made engraving. I never would have imagined this was by Infra Red!

How did you get this finish? Was it just overcast or did you discover some interesting filter. Also, do you get a guide for the focus correction for IR with a mirrorless Camera or perhaps it is not needed.

Thanks for sharing!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old May 12th, 2018, 01:03 AM

wonderful work!
Old May 12th, 2018, 04:15 AM

Thank you, very much. Still learning, but having fun exploring this genre of photography.