• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Fujinon-T f2.8 100mm takes a walk

Dr Klaus Schmitt

The M42 Fujinon-T f2.8 100mm takes a walk to the park; shot on GH4 wide open

35969051724_89e23675c4_o.jpg

36803952405_5647988c52_o.jpg

36803951725_587d76d0af_o.jpg

36633199882_732a611e29_o.jpg

35969052424_eb7a5d754e_o.jpg

35994623713_b02218616b_o.jpg

I had it once with my XD7 camera, which is long gone, now got that lens again.
This is a 60s lens, wonder what you think about its performance?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
How much sharpening did you do? Great color and smooth flat style Bokeh. These pictures show the finest hairs on the leaves. To me this is a very enjoyable lens.

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

None to the original, except that after resizing from original format to web presentation (1280pix wide I use), I apply some little sharpening so appearence matches approx. the original.

Asher Kelman

Well then, this is yet another winner in delivering detail.

At first, in some shots, I did miss the irregularities of rougher Bokeh effects as such deformaty marked out the Bokeh "plane" with swirls, waves, bubbles or other texture.

Still, Klaus, in two cases, such as 3 and 5 here,

36803951725_587d76d0af_o.jpg

35969052424_eb7a5d754e_o.jpg

this cleaner Bokeh is a perfect choice, (perhaps because there's a much closer fit of the subject to the frame).

Asher

Last edited:

Dr Klaus Schmitt

I'm not really friend of too busy bokeh anyway, I rather prefer a gaussian smooth distribution - but I can do both if you know how and why ;-)

Asher Kelman

I'm not really friend of too busy bokeh anyway, I rather prefer a gaussian smooth distribution - but I can do both if you know how and why ;-)

Still, Klaus,

In your many pictures with a rich deeper floral array, behind the main flower of interest, those fabulous bubbles and frosted glass forms set of the work well!

So it's great you have both the choices and the sensibility to pick the right lens for the job. But when you walk around with one lens, there is less choice, but the discipline improves, I guess!

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Thank you! Yes, indeed, having just one lens raises awareness and actually discipline increases how to use it to generate a certain result. A very challenging yet interesting experience that is!