• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
_MG_1496 Presents.jpg

Asher Kelman: Child at Play

Original

_MG_1496_presents_2.jpg

Asher Kelman: Play_# 2

Processed

Your comments are welcome!

Asher

Last edited:

Zeeshan Ali

_MG_1496 Presents.jpg

Asher Kelman: Child at Play

Original

Your comments are welcome!

Asher​

Asher,

I like the original version better. I think the processed version takes away most of the mystery in the original image and replaces it with digital artifacts, which is not say that its bad but I feel there is much more going on in the original version. Its much more difficult in the processed image to make out if the child is actually at play as your title suggests. For me the only interesting element in the processed version is the child's face which is morphed into some kind of a creepy doll figure and its more abstract in that way. If you hadnt posted the original I would have different feelings about the processed image but looking at them together I definitely feel closer to the first image.​

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi Asher

I'd prefer the first one, too.
But for me it is yet not there, where it should be.
It should be either more abstract so that the boy vanishes a bit more or there should be a tick more of realism on the boy. (hope i found the right expressions :)) )

I want to direct your interest to the german photographer Heinz Teufel, who experiments in what he calls "gestic photography", it is similar to your picture here - have a look (and scroll down a bit ...)!

Wolfgang,

I've an affinity for that work and appreciate the link.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
If you hadnt posted the original I would have different feelings about the processed image but looking at them together I definitely feel closer to the first image.

Zeeshan,

That's useful feedback.

I realize now that I should have left the images untitled and then show the processed one first and that would allow reactions without the picture being shown up by the gentler and more informative original.

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

Hi Asher, I quite like them both. I try to do the same in my ongoing family documentation process, i.e. try and show life as it was at the moment I pressed the shutter. And you have that so well in your capture of a fleeting moment.

fahim mohammed

I prefer the first ( out of 2 posted ).
The human mind struggles to find something familiar. To find balance. To find some familiar emotion content.

Or else, it starts to conjure up interpretations of its own. Neither good nor bad. Just the way it is.

The second image is neither here nor there. The choice of colors..to dark without adding to artistic contrast. Unharmonized for the mental color palette.

Just my thoughts.