• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Delish - Food

Hi,

Allthough I am not a food photographer, I do photograph food from time to time and usually in its natural state, uncooked, unprocessed and just because of its shapes and colors and textures.

I've created a video that shows several I've taken in the last couple of weeks. The video is accompanied by music, so set it to your preferred listening value beforehand.

Best enjoyed in fullscreen at 720 and even better at 1080.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMU8pDx8Hw4
I hope you enjoy them.

I know a link is not alluring enough to get you to click on, so I 've added a collage of the images that are on the video to perhaps entice you to check it out. ;-)

delish.jpg

I hope this is the right place to post this, if not, Asher, please move and let me know where the thread has migrated to.
:)
Maggie

Last edited by a moderator:

fahim mohammed

Excellent presentation Maggie. Individually and as a video. The images are beautiful for their color, clarity, texture and composition.

Thank you for sharing.

Judy Rodriguez

I tried to choose one of those images as my favorite. I can't. They are all beautiful. And the music matches the images perfectly for the video. You never seize to amaze me my friend. :)

Mark Hampton

Hi,

Allthough I am not a food photographer, I do photograph food from time to time and usually in its natural state, uncooked, unprocessed and just because of its shapes and colors and textures.

I've created a video that shows several I've taken in the last couple of weeks. The video is accompanied by music, so set it to your preferred listening value beforehand.

Best enjoyed in fullscreen at 720 and even better at 1080.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMU8pDx8Hw4
I hope you enjoy them.

I know a link is not alluring enough to get you to click on, so I 've added a collage of the images that are on the video to perhaps entice you to check it out. ;-)

delish.jpg

I hope this is the right place to post this, if not, Asher, please move and let me know where the thread has migrated to.
:)
Maggie

Maggie,

i did wonder what the purpose of the video was, i ken what a strawberry looks like (etc) - so why have its name - then i thought as i was watching that you were going to subvert the the names in some way. A pipe is not a pipe type of thing - the name is not the thing - the image is not the thing, but it didn't happen. so i was left wondering what the purpose was.

in relation to the images of the produce - i did not make me want to eat them - everything looks a bit plastic - but then again its on LED screens - i was again wondering if this is a comment on GM crops or something.

there is a massive amount of technical ability being shown in the images - you ken your stuff - i have no idea where the collage went? - can you pick some of your Favourite images from the video and pop them up.

cheers

Mark,
Thanks for taking a look.

When I first posted I had a link but thought it wouldn't make anyone stop to take a look as there was no photo attached and then I made a collage and uploaded. Once it was uploaded, I really didn't like how many there were and thought to myself .. whoa, way more than I should have and it just looked like a huge jumble of images. I thought to delete it but since the edit button had disappeared under my post, I opted just to change the photo that was on my server.

Now, why a video. Someone gave me a piece of music to work with and I put together these photos to go with it that I've been taking in the last few weeks. He writes music for me all the time and I like fitting stuff to go with it. I put the show together not expressly for OPF but for my friends and youtube subscribers who like to see what I'm up to. I just thought I'd share them here as a first tepid step into the waters of OPF.

As for the title, I'm not a writer and I will admit I sort of slapped that on. The title doesn't really fit what I'm trying to show.

As for the text - it was simply a visual thing that the text is there. Of course, I know that everyone knows what a strawberry is. I just wanted the text to be there and to slide off for a bit of movement without disturbing the actual image.

Now for the images. They are not really about eating. I shoot many types of images and still life images among them. I often like to shoot the daily things around us. So, I've been shooting the food that I take out of my fridge. I like exploring their shapes, colors and textures. I like trying to show what I find interesting about them. It might be their color, their shape, their texture. So, yes, I get inspired by simply things around me including the food I put into my mouth before it gets there. The Physalis, with its hidden treasure and it's outer shell like a lantern made out of crepe. The cherry which has it connotations, a little dark, a little wet and yes, tongue-tied. I attempt to emphasize their texture, like with the pears, where they looked bruised and abused and had this incredible sexy, sensual shape and yet this really thick harsh texture. I play with light to either make colors pop, or by using the Chiaroscuro method the old masters of paint, of using lights and darks, trying to create depth and give more body to the shapes.

as for my favorite, perhaps the enoki with the light coming from behind; printed out that tiny bunch of mushrooms is tall, delicate and quite alien and has movement like a troupe of dancers in the center of the stage.

mushroom2012_5.jpg

Maggie Terlecki : Enoki

I like others too for different reasons.

Now, I never said I was an artist and yes, I make what are considered just pretty pictures.
That doesn't mean I'm shallow & have no depth or point of view. It means I feel vulnerable and find it difficult to show you who I am through my photos. Instead, I indulge myself with thing that I find visually pleasing to make my world an easier place to live in. Yes, I do find beauty in the world around me and I know that is not in vogue and perhaps not very artsy. Believe it or not, it helps keep me sane and gets me through the day.

I joined this forum, as I do want to explore getting more across in my photos and I agree that I'm far from being there completely, but I do often see the world in its small details and you are seeing a glimpse of who I am in what I do.

When and if I ever do become able to bring forth something others here will find interesting, I'm sure it will still be visually pleasing to my personal aesthetics. It's part of who I am, in style or not.

OPF is new territory for me. It's scary for me. I have put up my recent work, mediocre as some may think it is, and that will be my reference point to see how I shall (hopefully) grow.

Although I may not have a lot to share artistically, I do still believe that I have value on the OPF forum. I'm very proficient in Photoshop and that may be helpful to some members.

You don't know me and I don't know you but I hope you don't simply presume that my imagery has no value at all and will never have value and instead give me a chance.

I realize that I probably really don't fit in here very well and it would be quite easy for me to simply go away and show my stuff where I know people will enjoy and appreciate it. I would not get hurt and my ego would be stroked and I 'd go to sleep with a smile on my face. So even though my photos are just considered nice and not meaningful, I am here trying to move further along. I'm trying to not be mediocre as that is worse than being bad, I guess.

My images will not look like yours, because I'm not you and I believe we each have our own path to follow. I just want a chance to follow mine.
Maggie

Mark Hampton

Mark,
Thanks for taking a look.

mushroom2012_5.jpg

Maggie,

i have no issues with you or your work i was just running through the thought process i had having when looking at what you posted - feel free to ignore my comments and work. i would stop worrying about fitting in and **** like that - post what you do and enjoy what you do.

oh and put some more enoki pictures up they are cool little things !

Charlotte Thompson

Maggie

Your work is absolutely stunning! Your video I enjoyed so so much. I thought in most of them they looked like paintings instead of photography.
Very Impressive! Good to meet a female around here we don't get many-

Charlotte-

Charlotte, thanks so much for the kind words. Especially today.

I'm really still very wet behind the ears here, and still finding my way around this place. Also glad to know I'm not the only female here! :) I look forward to checking out your work. :)

Antonio Correia

The dynamic video has extraordinary images along with a great music.

The transitions between images is very creative and enhancing their beauty.

Well done Maggie ! :)

Jim Read

Hello Maggie,

The collage is superb just the right amount of space between the Pears and the texture/colour makes me look and look and in the end I think 'this image is a lot more than the sum of its parts'. Printed onto matte paper they would look wonderful.

Cheers - Jim