• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Extemely dirty Faces: Challenge: Paint, Ink, Mud but a great picture!

The kid is a friends grandson.. He was in charge of the powdered dye for a concrete slab pour for a fire pit.... Really got into his job. His hair is very blond.

100417256.jpg

Model Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III
Flash Used No
Focal Length 105 mm 24-105mm
Exposure Time 1/320 sec
Aperture f/8
ISO Equivalent 200
Exposure Bias -1/3​

Last edited by a moderator:

fahim mohammed

Here's mud in your eye.

Of no particular import, this was taken on a hot summer's day in madrid:

p499262627.jpg

The title phrase takes on a new meaning..eh?

Jim Galli

100417256.jpg

I like this picture. I figured you'd get lots of responses. That blue eye peering out of that mess, and the expression of satisfaction is wonderful. Very nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Duke, that boy has mischief in his eye!

Interestingly this does seem to need color to make this picture work so well. It's the blue eyes through the mess that does it! Did you enhance that a wee bit?

The fact that there is not much distraction in the picture from the face, helps make it work. A cluttered in focused b.g. would not have worked at all. This would be perhaps, even stronger by blurring the periphery even more.

Fahim,

The lady resembles Queen Victoria, resurrected! Can you imagine that?

What was the occasion for the clay face? Was it a street faire? anyway, she looks all stuck up!

Asher

Jim and Asher.
Thanks for the comments.. I happen to like this pic. His dad does to. It really captures him. He is a very mischievous boy. I did play with a bw version, but the blue eye wanted to be there. And yes, I did kick up the saturation in his eye, but just a little bit. Much more than it is was to much and made for an unreal look. I didn't want to change his eye color. I suppose I could blur the background a little more but I think it holds up as is. Thanks again...................

fahim mohammed

Duke..its those eyes...blue as they!

Asher..she was in the street..must be a tough way to make a living!

Regards.

Clayton Lofgren

Dirty Faces

Somewhere we have a thread on dirty faces, but I can't find it. These are a couple from a farm I visited a few weeks ago.
ebd6267b07e44b34bed019aba50a7798.jpg

468ff740a05040919b97a80d9800b055.jpg

Point and shoots are getting more common here all the time, but I still find a few kids that have never seen themselves on the back of a camera.
I am seeing some color shifts looking at these online, but for these ones it doesn't hurt much.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The kid is a friends grandson.. He was in charge of the powdered dye for a concrete slab pour for a fire pit.... Really got into his job. His hair is very blond.

100417256.jpg

Model Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III
Flash Used No
Focal Length 105 mm 24-105mm
Exposure Time 1/320 sec
Aperture f/8
ISO Equivalent 200
Exposure Bias -1/3​
Who has seen a child as cute as this one!

This kid must be 18 years old by now! Has a girlfriend, perhaps a motor bike, does he go sailing, mountain climbing, skiiing or collect insects and hack into software that is greek to us!

Asher