• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

I'm on Leopard !

I upgraded my OS to Ten Point Five. I have an old G4 with duo 1.2GH PowerPC that is reaching its limits, but I have a HD with 230GB and another with 115GB, so in that respect is not so bad.

I installed the OS on the HD --the smaller one-- that I was using as a back up, so I can restart with Tiger, so it is like having two computers in one.

After I used the migration utility to get all my preferences and programs in to the other HD and to work under Leopard.

I have to test the PhaseOne application on Leopard, but so far so good.

Any other early adopters here?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Please give us an update. I'm holding back. I have a G4 and also a dual G5 and a Mactel 17".

I don't really know what is so great beyond the ability to rewind programs.

Asher

Tim Armes

I don't really know what is so great beyond the ability to rewind programs.

Asher

Spaces is great for keeping your desktops organised. I have an Internet space, a "Lightroom" space and a "Photoshop" space, and I feel much more organised when I work now.

Quick Look is one of those things that you ever wondered how you lived without.

And for us Photographers, 16bit printing promises that extra bit of quality from our printers. I'm waiting for the 3800 driver due out this month to see if the differences are visibe (I hope it's 16-bit).

Tim

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I'm still concerned about software comaptiability.

Here's some reports on issues with Leopard in Macintouch.com

Some important exceptions:

Adobe Creative Suite 2: I use CS2!

Disk Warrior: Repair from another boot with Tiger!

Epson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dantz retrospect !!!!

and a whole bunch more! So for me at least, I'd not move all my computers to Leopard, but rather wait until I'm in CS3 and the other programs I use are updated!

16 BIT printing with Epson sounds great, but not until they get the new software to work with Leopard!

Asher

It may not have been a wise idea, but I couldn't resist. There is not much difference, but I want to get used to the OS and begin debugging it.

My G4 tower has Tiger on one HD and Leopard in the other, so I have the other "computer" one reboot away in case I need something.

It is probably better than Vista. I asked my friends on PC and many said "I will just not ever upgrade to Vista" ///

Spaces is great for keeping your desktops organised. I have an Internet space, a "Lightroom" space and a "Photoshop" space, and I feel much more organised when I work now.

Quick Look is one of those things that you ever wondered how you lived without.

And for us Photographers, 16bit printing promises that extra bit of quality from our printers. I'm waiting for the 3800 driver due out this month to see if the differences are visibe (I hope it's 16-bit).

Tim

Please let us know about the Epson driver when it comes out and whether it does have the 16 bit capability (and how it might translate in real-world prints).