• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Glimpses of London

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The London Underground is ubiquitous, multi-ethnic and so British!

[Group 5]-IMG_4215_IMG_4217-3 images.jpg

Asher Kelman: Missing the train!

Asher

Asher Kelman

From London, the venerable "National Portrait Gallery!

[Group 3]-IMG_4191_IMG_4192-2 images.jpg

Asher Kelman: National Portrait Gallery

London U.K.

Also in thread on doors!

Asher

Peter Dexter

Have you considered cropping off the left side to leave a clean and colorful geometric composition involving rectilinear and curvilinear lines?;

Asher Kelman

Have you considered cropping off the left side to leave a clean and colorful geometric composition involving rectilinear and curvilinear lines?;

Peter,

Unfortunately the gallery has those banners which hide the beautiful curvilinear stonework. I will look at your suggestion. I had decided it was better to not try to obfuscate how they use the small wall space they have. I think I might write to them!

[Group 3]-IMG_4191_IMG_4192-2 cropped.jpg

What's interesting is that the heraldry carved into the stone is protected from hazards by steel wire! That is amazing! Don't they trust anyone there?

Asher

Asher Kelman

We travelled around to family spaces, but tried to look on from a new viewpoint.

[Group 4]-IMG_4194_IMG_4197-2 images.jpg

Asher Kelman: Looking at Lord Nelson and his fountain

Trafalgar Square, London

Asher

Doug Kerr

Peter, Asher,

I would probably crop out the fragment of banner on the left side, for the same reason I would crop out a little sliver of door frame (although admittedly this is more than a sliver).

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

Peter, Asher,

I would probably crop out the fragment of banner on the left side, for the same reason I would crop out a little sliver of door frame (although admittedly this is more than a sliver).

Best regards,

Doug

From post #4? I can’t see residual banner there?

Asher Kelman

Hi, Asher,

So sorry. I was referring to IMG_4191_IMG_4192-2 images.jpg.

That may have been in post number 187259.

Best regards,

Doug

Makes sense! I love the pageantry in Royally blessed institutions: very archaic and impressive and the British take all that seriously!

Asher