• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: My 90y/o grandmother at a Bodyworlds exhibit

Looking into myself
33187168833_2819e005df_o.jpg

(Minox 35GT, 35mm f/2.8, Ilford HP5, darkroom print on Ilford MG Art 300 FB)

For somebody that was born in 1926, and had literally seen the technological age unfold before her eyes, it was such a revelation to see the spectre of the real human body, laid bare before us.

To events like these, where photography is forbidden, I always sneak in my small Minox :) Shot from the hip, and with scale focusing - sometimes things work out beautifully.

This is my most treasured darkroom print from 2017 so far.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Looking into myself
33187168833_2819e005df_o.jpg

(Minox 35GT, 35mm f/2.8, Ilford HP5, darkroom print on Ilford MG Art 300 FB)

For somebody that was born in 1926, and had literally seen the technological age unfold before her eyes, it was such a revelation to see the spectre of the real human body, laid bare before us.

To events like these, where photography is forbidden, I always sneak in my small Minox :) Shot from the hip, and with scale focusing - sometimes things work out beautifully.

This is my most treasured darkroom print from 2017 so far.

Dawid,

This is one of the most treasured posts for me to see! First it celebrates a wonderful woman who has nurtured, sustained and guided several new generations, next it relies on film itself representing the origins of the very word, "photograph" , it was captured with a miniaturized full frame German camera, an instrument for thinking photographers that allowed large pro from a truly pocketable camera and lastly that you yourself developed, processed and printed the image yourself.

Thanks you for bringing us into your family circle with this shot. I do hope there are other pictures on the same roll which are equally worth sharing.

Asher

Hello Dawid,

You shared one of the most good post who is viewing revelation to see the spectre of the real human body in such a constant and curious manner and that is captured beautifully by you. Thanks for sharing this shot and hope to see such shots in future again!