• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Freelance Sports Photographers

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Sad for folk to lose their jobs.

Not sure what it means in practice. Some of the cameras are handled remotely, but they still need photographers. It's not clear who will do this work? Does it just mean that the freelancers will no longer be able to add their shots to the constant feed of images to be sorted.

Until now, Sports Illustrated had runners taking the CF or SD cards to the trailer. I suppose now the images are sent Wifi and then in the truck teams of editorial assistants sort and elevate the best for the picks to be shared. So now the'll be instant appearance of the images? How would they do the needed filtering?

Asher

Robert Watcher

Sad for folk to lose their jobs.

It's not clear who will do this work?

Asher

Oh I think that it is the USA Today Sports photographers who's images they will use. I can well imagine that they will not get value added bonuses for supplying their images to multiple sources instead of one. But that is the way things are going isn't it.