• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Cheetah there is a story in his eyes........

This was captured while on Safari in South Africa.
Look in his eyes you can clearly see the reflection of the Safari jeep.
This image tells a story in his eyes..
Thanks in advance for looking
Shot with my 7Dmkii and 100-400Lis mkii.

27809767518_8930f11b6a_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This was captured while on Safari in South Africa.
Look in his eyes you can clearly see the reflection of the Safari jeep.
This image tells a story in his eyes..
Thanks in advance for looking
Shot with my 7Dmkii and 100-400Lis mkii.

27809767518_8930f11b6a_b.jpg

I see the Safari Jeep! Great shot. With that long reach, IS and a great subject, you have planned this well and execution is formidable!

But these are very dangerous eating machines

What is amazing is the fact that a tourtist couple in a Dutch park safari actually got out to check the wild animals with taking their little bumpkins with, including an infant in arms! It was if they thought the loung cheetahs were actually cute kittens!

Suddenly the Cheetah ran towards them and grouped for attack on their new prey!

The cheetahs inspected and fortunately, (they know they have no emergency hospitals for themselves), so they have to first carefully do a disciplined "preflight check", to assess their new prey and not risk self-injury, and that extra 25 seconds got the humans back to safety.

Asher

Antonio Correia

What an amazing photograph Gordon ! Remarkable detail.
You almost got a flea or a tick... in fact it looks like some kind of bug on top middle towards left... :)

I have been that clip Asher posted. Crazy people ! Hope they learned the lesson once for all.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
You would make a great forensic scientists, Antonio! That was very good attention to detail.

You did far better than I did, but now you point it out, its obvious!

Asher

I have seen that clip as well Asher. We have been extremely lucky to have travelled to many locations around the world to photograph these beautiful and wild animals.
I am currently planning a trip to Sri Lanka to photograph Leopards in the wild.

What an amazing photograph Gordon ! Remarkable detail.
You almost got a flea or a tick... in fact it looks like some kind of bug on top middle towards left... :)

I have been that clip Asher posted. Crazy people ! Hope they learned the lesson once for all.

Thank you for your comment Antonio.