• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

sinarback 23 digital camera back

Efe Brume-Ezewu

Hello i would like to know more about sinarback 23 and if people use it.I have tried to research it on the internet but cannot find anything concrete on it.
I would be very happy if someone can help me here.
Thanks

FYI.

the Sinarback 23 is discontinued since years, but was one of the most fantastic back, even with its "only" 6 MPx sensor. It existed in 2 version: the SB 23 L (Light = only 1-shot), and the SB 23 HR (High Resolution = 1-, 4- and 16-shot modes).

It is still in use in many places, sometimes in combination with the Sinar Macroscan adapter, which allows to produce automatic stitches (the back is positioned automatically by very precise motor drives) in all directions with automatic stitching software integrated in Sinar Captureshop, leading to files to up to 450 MB in 16 bit.

This back was only available with a Fiber Optic interface with a PCI card, making it difficult to use it on current Macs since the technology changed to PCI Express in the G5 (www.magma.com. does however have a soltution). But G5s with PCI Extrem can be used.

From time to time one can find such a SB 23 on eBay, and I can only recommend to take, if it happens.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Thierry

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thierry,

I was intrigued by your description of the camera and looked everywhere to see what the used price might be.

This must be a great camera as no-one seems to be selling any anywhere! If you know anyone with this camera, maybe you can introduce OPF to him/her so we can learn more.

Asher

Asher,

This was really a nice back, honestly, and it is often kept by users as second back, when they upgrade.

It cannot be worth much, used, may be $ 2'000,-, not more.

I will look for a user of it, if ready to join OPF to share, but cannot promise it.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry,

I was intrigued by your description of the camera and looked everywhere to see what the used price might be.

This must be a great camera as no-one seems to be selling any anywhere! If you know anyone with this camera, maybe you can introduce OPF to him/her so we can learn more.

Asher

Last edited:

Erie Patsellis

pro member
there was a complete setup on ebay for a$1799 opening bid, the only downsides for me were:

1.)Seller is in Hungary, not a dealbreaker by itself, but...

2.)Seller has zero feedback, despite having been a member of ebay since 2007.

It seems that everybody else had the same issue, as it got no bids.

erie

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
there was a complete setup on ebay for a$1799 opening bid, the only downsides for me were:

1.)Seller is in Hungary, not a dealbreaker by itself, but...

2.)Seller has zero feedback, despite having been a member of ebay since 2007.

It seems that everybody else had the same issue, as it got no bids.

erie

Erie,

When? I haven't been able to find even one! I'd check out the guy and use a proper escrow company.

Asher