• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

"My Threads" link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Bonjour Gary
rather simple, go to "Members List"
click Name and then:
Find all posts by ...
Find all threads started by ...

enjoy!

Gary C-G

Thanks Nicolas

That took 4 clicks. If my name had not been at the top of the first page of G's I'd have been clicking more and scrolling just to find my name. The idea of hunting through a dozen pages of names to find my own is not nice.

Then I had to either see all my posts, which, if I've posted several times in a single thread means the same thread is repeated in the list, or I can see only those threads I've started. Not ideal at all.

When you are participating in many threads it is important to be able to see which of your threads is waiting for a response. This is one area that DPR works well.

Can you implement something similar here? A single click to a list of threads (not posts) that I have participated in regardless of whether I started the thread, in order of most recent post at the top?

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Gary,

Your post is taken to heart! 4 Clicks does seem much! We want to make your experience as great as possible. Still we have a lot to cover.

We take all suggestions and put them in the pot for any future rework of the interface. We have had great feedback!

After June 7th, we'll close this particular room," OPF, Look Feel and Vibe"! So any new ideas are welcome until then here and then afterwards from the front page.

Asher

Nill Toulme

I vote for this too. I actually liked the way Rob's "toggle favorites" worked. That way you could tag a thread without having to literally tag it.

And I don't like the way "subscribe" works for this purpose of finding new replies to your own messages, because it tends to clutter up your e-mailbox fairly quickly.

The "My Threads" feature on Fred's site is OK but a little awkward becaused it's focused on your own posts, rather than on new replies in threads to which you've posted (or otherwise tagged), which are the real targets.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Status
Not open for further replies.