• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Usefulness of "New Posts"

Tim Armes

Hello,

I'd just like to make a comment on the usefulness of the "New Posts" links.

I use this link all the time. For it to be truly useful however, it should return all the new posts since the user's last visit to the site.

In reality, it isn't entirely clear what it's returning, but I have the feeling that it's time limited (all the posts since the last visit but no older than xx hours). This is frustrating when you haven't visited for a few days.

Regards,

Tim

Sid Jervis

pro member
I will second that. I use the new posts link, normally the next option is today's posts, but as you say, not that helpful if you haven't been online for a while.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
You may also see where unread posts are with
forum_new.gif
icon...

Tim Armes

Nicolas Claris said:
You may also see where unread posts are with
forum_new.gif
icon...

Yes, but there are some many forums that this method is a pain. "New Posts" would be really useful if it worked properly.

Nigel Atkinson

I'm also using the "new posts" link as my main route into the forums. If traffic gets as high as FM etc I might do it another way, but at the moment its by far the most convenient way of seeing what is happening.

Is there a summary of what it does?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
NigelA said:
I'm also using the "new posts" link as my main route into the forums. If traffic gets as high as FM etc I might do it another way, but at the moment its by far the most convenient way of seeing what is happening.

Is there a summary of what it does?
Michael Tapes and Nicolas Claris are the experts in the structure of OPF. We monitor these threads in particular as we collect items for consideration in the next set of tweaks to the forum.

Asher