• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Smilies invading - :-) ;-) :-0 :-(

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I think you're right Mary, may be this discussion should find a better room like Layback café.
Though it is not always very easy for me (oui, je suis français, but more European) to follow your discussion, I found really amazing (or astonishing?) that a thread started about smilies may slowly but surely slips to e(E)nglish grammar.
Typical of OPF, and I like that! go on! but don't forget photography too ;-)

Mary Bull

I'm trying to take Asher's vision of the many areas of the house of OPF to heart. Glad you agree with me that it's time to gather the many ideas thrown up by this thread and seed them into their appropriate forums (fora). A garden metaphor may not be amiss, if not carried too far.

I won't forget photography. And where I have something that my brain tells me would be useful or interesting to say, I'll comment in areas of aesthetics or philosophy of photography or general philosophy of communication.

If I get brave enough, I may even, in the Layback Cafe, show my fellow members another snapshot from my Canon G2, in a link to Flickr. They're all old, since I don't have a working camera, right now. But no cats. I heard clearly that one cat is enough.

Nicolas, I'm going to send these thoughts as a Reply to you in this thread, even though it is pinching my conscience a little bit to do that. I really think these sorts of statements of my opinions and intentions belong in Layback Cafe.

Scott B. Hughes

So.... you are saying that we can only use Tri-X at ISO320, processed in D76 1:1 for 6:30 @ 68F and no way no how any other method of expression is permitted?

Not that there is anything wrong with the above, perhaps a bit thin, but stifling how we share thoughts seems self defeating.

I suggest more talk about imagery...

I apologize if my sentence structure (as well as my impression of the original post) is incorrect.

Don Lashier

Scott B. Hughes said:
So.... you are saying that we can only use Tri-X at ISO320, processed in D76 1:1 for 6:30 @ 68F and no way no how any other method of expression is permitted?

No! Develop how ever you like and say whatever the *bleep* you want here. What a refreshing *bleeping* change from RG where this *bleeping* thread would have been *bleeping* closed by that *bleeping* *bleeped* *removed personal info* way before it reached this *bleeping* point as *bleeping* OT. After all, isn't it about having some *bleeping* fun in our short sojourn on this *bleeping* planet?

Just try to include an image.

- DL

Don,

Don Lashier said:
No! Develop how ever you like and say whatever the *bleep* you want here. What a refreshing *bleeping* change from RG where this *bleeping* thread would have been *bleeping* closed by that *bleeping* *bleeped* *removed personal info* way before it reached this *bleeping* point as *bleeping* OT. After all, isn't it about having some *bleeping* fun in our short sojourn on this *bleeping* planet?

Just try to include an image.

- DL
LOL!
yelrotflmao.gif

This was great!
thumb.gif