• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Bubbles Revised

Some of you may remember this thread Bubbles, Well I just downloaded Lightroom 4 and I had to play with some of my older photos from the past.
This time around I didn't crop off the rind.

T_Bubbles2_CodyWhite.jpg
Bubbles 2 by Cody White​

Thank you for looking.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Yes, it seems clearer and "pops" more. What was special about Lightroom that enabled you to go further?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Asher,

Lightroom 4 has been completely revamped, better algorithms, more control of exposures levels, more control of color tints.

Here is a fairly decent video about LR4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdPU2krxCQQ

Cody

What a helpful fellow! both you and the photographer presenting the improvements in LR 4. He goes so far as to suggest that Photoshop layers for blending are now not needed because of the refined nature of local masking and painting effects in LR4.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Is it true that folk can do almost everything in Lightroom?

Do you forgo layers or do what's needed using NIK, Topaz or other plugins?

Asher