• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New Shop in my suburb ...

... with an old style.

vaxterina_bokeh_pano_fix_II_1024.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Per,

Mea Culpa! I ask for forgiveness in advance, but your keen eye picked the essence, but your lens caught even more!

How about a crop from the "Vaxterian" sign on the lower right to the adjacent roof on the upper mid left. This includes the essential elements. I am not usually so upstart as to tell anyone that they have included more than needed. I more often ask for more, especially in landscapes!

It's just because you have seen this woman and her plants so well, that I am so motivated to step over the line and make this suggestion!

Asher

Thanks. Yes you are right , the image has more than needed. I lose some composition thoughts when I do experiments like this =) , and am mostly focusing on the effect or technical aspect of making this kind of image.

It is a "bokeh panorama" to simulate some character of large format cameras, it is 60 images combined and I added a little to much on the right side, as the effect gets more visual then. So the more images, the less character of the 85mm lens.

Asher Kelman

Well done for the massive pano! Fooled me, LOL!

Why not assemble the pictures as if in a proof sheet with white spaces between the rows and columns of shots? That might be impressive too?

BTW, how far away were you......and how did you get her to stay still for all those pictures....and was this by hand?

Puzzled how you needed so many frames with an 85mm lens!

Asher

Asher Kelman

... with an old style.

I'm enjoying the picture more and more and also from staring at it, realizing new aspects of the work. I'm interested in the plane of apparent focus.

Some LF photographers like Michael A. Smith and Paula Chamlee, both at http://opfgalleryone.com, always close down the aperture and everything is in focus. I have almost never done that and in fact sought LF lenses that have soft focus, like the PS945. So I appreciate such differential focus you've built in your image here.

But then, perhaps, the plants in the same plane as the woman should be as sharp, or else she is over sharpened.

Asher