• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Instagram or Facebook?

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Independently of OPF which has a different purpose (at least for me…), I opened last April an Instagram account, just to see ...
With time I find that it is quite complementary to Fb.
Less interaction with friends / followers but an easier overall vision of the photographer's work ...
Globally they both are useful for my "brand" recognition…
So, I keep both!
Follow me!
https://www.instagram.com/Nicolas_Claris

insta-09.41.42.jpg

insta-09.42.01.jpg

insta-09.42.14.jpg

insta-09.42.27.jpg

insta-09.42.43.jpg

insta-09.42.58.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Beautiful and abundant!

Did you make and action to square them all? You don't have a 6x6 Bronica or Hassy, LOL!

Asher

nicolas claris

Beautiful and abundant!

Did you make and action to square them all? You don't have a 6x6 Bronica or Hassy, LOL!

Asher

LoL! LoL! LoL!
They are auto squared by Instagram, but if you click on a "thumbnail" you'll see the original framing…
All above are screen prints of my Insta's wall.

PS Didn't you note that I have MF Pentax 645Z? ; )
BTW most of pics post on my Instagram are uploaded from my computer.

Asher Kelman

Nicolas,

I have never used instagram. Am at the moment pestered each day with requests for "links". Linked in is the worst. Why on earth they find something about me worth linking to, I do not fathom! Facebook are at least some folk I know.

I shall have to explore instagram!

I guess one doesn't have to win "The Voice", get a Nobel Peace Prize or massacre folk to become "famous" if one can only get enough "followers"!

I gave up on getting a free trip to Sweden! Not even a hint, LOL!

So at least I can say I am a good friend of "Nicolas de Bordeaux"! That at least will get me into a winery!

Asher

nicolas claris

Nicolas,

I have never used instagram. Am at the moment pestered each day with requests for "links". Linked in is the worst. Why on earth they find something about me worth linking to, I do not fathom! Facebook are at least some folk I know.

I shall have to explore instagram!

I guess one doesn't have to win "The Voice", get a Nobel Peace Prize or massacre folk to become "famous" if one can only get enough "followers"!

I gave up on getting a free trip to Sweden! Not even a hint, LOL!

So at least I can say I am a good friend of "Nicolas de Bordeaux"! That at least will get me into a winery!

Asher
Asher,
I am not very experienced at Instagram, but AFAIK (but I don't use Insta thru the smartphone app), it behaves quite differently to Fb…
i.e. You cannot invite directly someone to follow you… all you can do is to follow that person and get his/her
attention.

I don't understand your sentence about Sweden nor the requests of links!

Asher Kelman

When one is a young competitive 24 hr a day devoted scientist, there always is the fantasy that ones next discovery will be that breakthrough that will change science forever. That is the hidden dream of most researchers. This was my reference to going to Sweden!

My work did not reach that peak but it was exciting and a most wonderful drive and obsession to unlock secrets of nature.

As to links, if you are on "Linked in" or in "Facebook" one has to deal with requests to link to them and be friends in a never ending stream of requests. But why would anyone want to take time to connect with someone they know nothing about?

Asher

fahim mohammed

The images are neat and crisp, my friend. But your work always is.

Now tell me mon ami, what is this new invention ...Instagram and Facebook?

Take care Nicolas.

nicolas claris

The images are neat and crisp, my friend. But your work always is.

Now tell me mon ami, what is this new invention ...Instagram and Facebook?

Take care Nicolas.

Hi Fahim
.Instagram and Facebook?
just another way of (pseudo) existing…
But also a way to "brand" my name… After all I admit that I am a commercial photog, the more my name is known (branded), the best I can sell my work…
It often happen that I meet people (during shows, fairs etc.) that know me and my work, but so far I never heard of them before. Strange feeling (and a little piece of pride;) if you ask me!
That comes from the photo credit in magazines and Facebook as well!

Tony Anderssen

That's right. Every social platform serves a different purpose. While Facebook might seam "heavier" than Instagram, it offers pages which you can use to represent a personal brand. Instagram lets you ebgage with a much wider audience while Facebook is good to collect fans and interact with them.

Keep up the great work!