• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Picnic anyone?

picnic_anyone__by_rufusthered-dc5tl95.jpg

Bring your own food, I'll supply the beer. :) Cheers, Mike

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
At first I thought these were staked out spots for ice-fishing on a frozen Canadian lake, LOL! Seemed like those wooden palettes were an efficient way of distributing weight and having a surface that wouldn't allow one to keep slipping!

picnic_anyone__by_rufusthered-dc5tl95.jpg

Bring your own food, I'll supply the beer. :) Cheers, Mike

But no, this is some beautiful park with full height outdoor tables almost buried in snow!

Mike, while you are out collecting the food, I would prefer hot coffee with my salmon please!

Asher

At first I thought these were staked out spots for ice-fishing on a frozen Canadian lake, LOL! Seemed like those wooden palettes were an efficient way of distributing weight and having a surface that wouldn't allow one to keep slipping!

But no, this is some beautiful park with full height outdoor tables almost buried in snow!

Mike, while you are out collecting the food, I would prefer hot coffee with my salmon please!

Asher

Glad to provide hot coffee Asher. I’ve got fresh Blue Mountain beans, 18% cream and a great Breville coffee maker. Catch the first plane heading north to get here before the snowfield melts. :) Mike

Ha, Michael, looks like the scenery in your corner is much what I see out the window. Winter up here is always too long. Cool photo though! :) Maggie

Ha, Michael, looks like the scenery in your corner is much what I see out the window. Winter up here is always too long. Cool photo though! :) Maggie

Hi Maggie, someone said that humans can learn a lot from dogs. Our dog, a Malamute cross, thinks ‘cold good’ and ‘hot bad’. She’s a joy to take to snowy pastures. She romps with other dogs while I converse with their human helpers. It makes winter more fun. Also, hassles became fewer after my retirement last December. Such as the rush to clear snow to get the car on the road for early morning classes. Now I have coffee and a leisurely breakfast instead. Gotta say that this winter hasn’t seemed long. ;) Cheers, Mike