• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: It is just point and shoot folks!

fahim mohammed

p2815803801-5.jpg

And don't you let these smart asses tell you otherwise!
Just point. Wait. And click.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Fahim,

p2815803801-5.jpg

Yep.

Precious shot.

When I had a Canon EOS SLR, I used to tell people that it was a "point and shoot" camera. I said that if I don't point, I won't get the picture I want, and if I don't shoot, I won't get any.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi, Fahim,

Yep.

Precious shot.

When I had a Canon EOS SLR, I used to tell people that it was a "point and shoot" camera. I said that if I don't point, I won't get the picture I want, and if I don't shoot, I won't get any.

Best regards,

Doug

Doubly precious, the picture and again your comment!

Asher

Asher Kelman

p2815803801-5.jpg

This is your style. You are not as secretive as others who surreptitiously catch the faces before discovery and interfering interaction. But I like this very much! You’ve not “invaded” their privacy but first greeted them socially, perhaps with a nod or a smile or you already chatted a while.

Robert returns with the pictures sometimes, but often he takes the pictures with no intervention to the scene.

I do both!

But this is so joyous! It radiates the message: “Motherhood as happiness and pride”!

Asher

fahim mohammed

To each his/her own method of photography.

I find it, to paraphrase Alfred Eisenstaedt , better to click with people than to click the shutter.

Charlotte Thompson

Fahim

You have captured the idea of a female Madonna! She her sweet smile and she trusts you! She as most female mothers protect her children. She does here. Her arm is wrapped around her child as protecting and the child is covered next to her. I love this catch!

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

To each his/her own method of photography.

I find it, to paraphrase Alfred Eisenstaedt , better to click with people than to click the shutter.

Fahim,

I am trying to commend you and your photography is more respectful and civilized.

No one can ever criticise your photography. In a way, when I “hunt” in the street with a long lens and frame two men debating across the street in Los Angeles, I am breaking no laws. As they reason, comes a point where on man arches his back and shakes his head, while the other gesticulates, to make his point and there is the peak moment and my perfect shot.

But what of it? I didn’t ask permission! sure, didn’t rob them. I won’t, hopefully humiliate them of make them angry, but, still, we must ask ourselves, is it morally “right”?

What I am saying about your work is that one only had to enjoy a fabulous picture celebrating life. OTOH, when no signal of consent has been obtained, it’s a different kind of picture.

Also, in your case, if you would reproduce the meeting, you would again be successful as it is based on your own nature of interacting with strangers and making them feel comfortable and spreading joy.

OTOH, watching and waiting, scanning the crowd for an interesting frame, gives shots that depend, not my social skills to engage other humans, but rather my hunting skills to capture prey, who have, by definition, no choice in the encounter, as it is “over” before they have a clue they are a target!

Yes, a genius Frenchman may get a person leaping over a puddle, after 3,000 failed shots. But you took maybe 20 shots with 10 different people you met, to get this.

So “each his own” doesn’t admit such stark differences.

I value more you recording humanity than a brillian one in 3,000 shot plucked from an unknowing crowd, however technically perfect, although I will admire both.

Asher Kelman

Said much more succinctly, I like this kind of picture of the joy and pride of motherhood!

That’s it!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Asher.

What I meant with my comment was that each one of us has a different method to enjoy our pursuit of
Photography.

No one approach is better than the other.

I accept constructive critique with thanks, else my next image would be worse or remain similar to the hundreds I made previously....stagnation for me.

So thank you for the detailed and embarringly generous comment.

Asher Kelman

p2815803801-5.jpg

Fahim,

There is more: a matter of demonstrating the false designations of the concept of “Race” as there is no scientific basis. Your picture shows that, ultimately, we are more the same then different. Although diversity is to be treasured, distinctions are really just “habits”.

Delightfully, this photograph wakes us up. We can’t avoid the warm feelings of pure joy! This is the phenomenon which makes our common humanity shine!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Asher, Charlotte.

Thank you both for your precious comments. I value them highly.

Best.

It’s our pleasure!

If you could jump over rubble, I would choose you as our ambassador!

Maybe Ayesha instead!

Anyway, in these embarrassingly immoral times we need to hold up a lantern to what binds us, as different as we may seem to be!

Asher