• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Subscription emails messed up?

Cem_Usakligil

I have been experiencing this issue for the past few months. I was wondering whether anybody else has had the same problems.

What happens is the following. I am subscribed to certain threads. My personal option is set to immediate email notification. This means that I get an immediate email whenever a new post is made to those threads. For the past 5+ years, this has worked as it should, no problems there. Recently, however, the subscription emails are not consistently sent when a new post is made to a thread. Instead, I get an email only after a next post, but the email sent is for the previous one. Let me explain:

1) somebody posts something (Post 1)
2) I don't get a subscription email
3) I visit OPF and read the thread. This resets the subscription email trigger so that I get an email when a future post is made to this thread.
4) Time passes, another post is made to the same thread (Post 2).
5) I get an instant email from OPF subscription system, but the email contains the text of the Post 1.
6) This is repeated intermittently. It does not always happen like that, sometimes I get timely and correct emails too.

Anybody else having similar problems?