• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Power Cable suggestions

Robert Watcher

I am in the unfortunate position of being in Central America with my wonderful little pigment ink Epson Powermate printer - - - but somehow forgot the power cable at home. That means that the printer is dead in the water for the next 5 months.

The only power cable that I have with me, that appeared to fit the connector - is my modem cable. However it would not fire up the printer. I noticed that it was putting out 10 volts and the embedded in the plastic of the printer is a statement that power is 20 volts.

So I just figured that with all of the techno wizards on this forum, that someone may have a suggestion for me as to what kind of cable I may be able find in Nicaragua that would get my printer running. Thanks so much in advance.

Rob

Robert, I don't know anything about cables, but I looked and if you want to buy Epson products in Nicaragua, the latin amercian Epson site may be helpful. Perhaps you could get someone from there to help you compose an email and see where distributors can be found within the country

http://global.latin.epson.com/la

Jerome Marot

There are probably shops dealing with computers in the nearest city. Tell them you need: "Output: 20V 1.5~3.5Amp Up to 70Watts" and show them the connector on the printer. These connectors exist in different sizes.