• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Fading hydrangeas

Various combos of fading hydrangea flowers (all from the same plant!). Playing with filters to take them into the abstract/impressionistic.

29250904010_ab75f26a85_b.jpg

Normal daylight balance processing

29506383226_640d8932fb_b.jpg

Warmed and juiced with Nik Vivenza

29345941392_924b5f62b9_b.jpg

Topaz Impressions Impasto

29506385966_ee54c06762_b.jpg

Topaz Impressions Georgia Okeeffe

29250909870_573197867e_b.jpg

Flatbed scan, Nik Vivenza​

Paul Abbott

This final image is by far the best shot, Jim. It offers up much more interest than the others could ever do alone. Obviously, the colour is rich and the textures are almost tactile, and of course the regular but irregular nature of the way the flowers are composed add to it all. The PP effect is fitting for this image too.

Michael Ritter

I found the first one striking as soon as I saw it but love the work on the last one the best. Nothing wrong with any of them though!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Various combos of fading hydrangea flowers (all from the same plant!). Playing with filters to take them into the abstract/impressionistic.

Jim,

This is a great subject. The initial picture's delicate pastel hues, tending towards cyan reminds me of our Maggie Terlecki's color palette. But of course it does lack ultrasharp edges to make some variations stand out or propel a particular bloom to stardom.

The last picture is more bold and immediately commercial and satisfying. I still would want to return to the original and work on preserving the more delicate feminine fabrics that I imagine are there.

29250904010_ab75f26a85_b.jpg

Normal daylight balance processing

29250909870_573197867e_b.jpg

Flatbed scan, Nik Vivenza​

Commendations for exploring these extraordinary filters! Topaz is of course exceptional and Nik is dynamic and if one is clever, even more useful.

It is certainly easier to get an astounding result with Topaz than with Nik.

Asher

Andy brown

Jim, I've been looking at these for a few days...trying to work out how I feel about them.
It seems, I like them all but am finding it hard to admit I like the last one (the most removed from reality) the most.

Damn you!