• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Cleaned out the addition

and made some space for pictures! C&C always welcome as well as edit and reposting.

5264277786_ef62e67cfc_b.jpg

D90
1/50
F2.8
ISO200
Tokina 100mm f2.8 macro

5264277056_98e198e683_b.jpg

D90
1/100
F1.8
ISO200
Nikon 35mm f1.8 AF-S​

fahim mohammed

Jake, a lovely lovely child.

You are well aware of my feelings towards photography.

These are the ones you and your loved ones shall cherish for a long long long time to come.

Its value? Priceless.

Regards.

and made some space for pictures! C&C always welcome as well as edit and reposting.

Hi Jake,

While children are a wonderful subject, also try keeping your images leveled unless you are after an effect. I'm used to working with architecture, so that explains why I find rotated images a distraction, which is a pity when cute childern are involved.

Cheers,
Bart

Hi Jake,

While children are a wonderful subject, also try keeping your images leveled unless you are after an effect. I'm used to working with architecture, so that explains why I find rotated images a distraction, which is a pity when cute childern are involved.

Cheers,
Bart

Thanks for the advice Bart, I will work on that. Any tips on keeping a level horizon while handheld?

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
I like the level of the 2nd one, dynamic.

If you can, get a grid screen for your camera (or switch it on if you have a Nikon), that helps. Either that or crop loose when shooting and fix later!

Thanks for the advice Bart, I will work on that. Any tips on keeping a level horizon while handheld?

Just one, practice. I try to also look at the whole image in the viewfinder, not just the main subject. It's not easy, it requires multitasking, something most men are not particularly good at.

Cheers,
Bart

Yes I do have a grid which is back up. The grid is a double edged sword though. When it's off I see more of everything around the subject. When it's on my eyes are brought to the lines forgetting about important/distracting background features. multitasking....

Looking back I wished I used a larger DOF for both to get the sneakers in focus and also would have stepped back a for the photo with the 35mm to get his entire shadow in the frame. Or used a 24mm f1.4....someday!