• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Alternative Process: Parker's Party- 12 year old

Charlotte Thompson

My Take-

DSC_0133-5.jpg

DSC_0138-2.jpg

DSC_0142-8.jpg

DSC_0148-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruben Alfu

Hi Charlotte,

Really nice! I think you could lighten up the shadows a bit in #1 and #3. I like the compositions and the beautiful saturation of colors.

Regards,

Ruben

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Charlotte,

Tell Parker how much we all wish him well! Being a young teenager means a lot of fun, challenges and eventually the importance of mirrors, LOL! Where are the rest of the family? Anyway, these are such fun and will be treasure for decades. There's no need to change the pictures, one iota, for this value, so what follows is just for didactic sake, future fun and experimentation.

Just a word on the candles. All flames are composed or regions of different color. In the center there are unburnt gasses as there's no oxygen to combine with. A little further out, the lowest concentration of oxygen gives a blue flame. further out it goes through oranges and ref and bright yellow. In order to see this beautiful substructure of the flames, one needs to under-expose, otherwise the super-bright rim of the flame bleeds into everything else. So look to the RAW files and see if you can back of on the brights and bring up the blue color of the center of the flames. Then add this back on a separate layer to the picture with Parker blowing them out.

Asher