• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Mom and her tomatoes

Ruben Alfu

My mom in front of her tomato plant. This is a comp from 3 frames taken handheld with a TSE-90mm, stitched manually in PS. Full indirect natural light.

mama_tomates.jpg

Ruben Alfu : Mom and her tomatoes​

Regards,

Ruben

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
mama_tomates.jpg

Ruben,

This is a picture that must have color. How lucky to get the hues to work so well and the smile to go with it!

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Ruben,

You just look like your mom, just joking ;)

A very nice picture of a very nice lady, looking distinguished and wise. No wonder she has got a son like you.

PS: did you try the known trick to get rid of the reflections in the glasses? I.e. take a second shoot without the glasses (she has to keep her position as fixed as possible), layer the two shots in PS and mask out the offending reflecting areas.

Last edited:

Ruben Alfu

mama_tomates.jpg

Ruben,

This is a picture that must have color. How lucky to get the hues to work so well and the smile to go with it!

Asher

Thanks Asher, this was an improvised shot so you are right, it was just mere luck that she had that dress, regarding the smile, she is a lovely mom but getting her to pose for the camera and smile, that's super luck LOL!

Ruben

Ruben Alfu

Hi Ruben,

You just look like your mom, just joking ;)

A very nice picture of a very nice lady, looking distinguished and wise. No wonder she has got a son like you.

PS: did you try the know trick to get rid of the reflections in the glasses? I.e. take a second shoot without the glasses (she has to keep her position as fixed as possible), layer the two shots in PS and mask out the offending reflecting areas.

Hi Cem,

Thanks very much for your compliments, right now I'm looking more like the tomatoes LOL!
I know about the glasses trick, definitely this was a situation for that, it's a shame it just didn't occurred to me at the moment.

Ruben

Ruben Alfu

Bump! I want more!! more of your Mum and more of the tomatoes!

Asher, here it is, more mom and tomatoes! No stitch here, rather a crop from a snap with the TSE-90. Well, that was about it with the "photo session" with mom, the tomatoes did stayed for more photos!

20120301-_MG_9704.jpg

Ruben Alfu : Mom and tomato​

Regards,

Ruben

fahim mohammed

Ruben..

When all is said and done, such photos as your mpther's are the most priceless ones.

In my culture, though the elders and the fathers have the highest respect;

the respect accorded a mother stands way above all combined. Without question.

May your mother live long and happy amongst you all.

Kindest regards.

Ruben Alfu

Thanks so much for your kind words Fahim. In my family respect has always been a consequence of simple love and trust.

Regards,

Ruben