• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Scottish Farmer

Jarmo Juntunen

Well... almost. This gentleman works as a guide in the Highland Folk Museum in Newtonmore. A wonderful museum, by the way, even for someone who usually gets bored in museums. Like myself.

_medium.jpg

Doug Kerr

Hi, Jarmo,

Well... almost. This gentleman works as a guide in the Highland Folk Museum in Newtonmore. A wonderful museum, by the way, even for someone who usually gets bored in museums. Like myself.

_medium.jpg
A wondrous shot. He can certainly pass as a Scottish farmer!

Best regards,

Doug

Jarmo Juntunen

Thank you Doug and Asher! It was certainly a wonderful museum, where guides made the history very much alive. Here's a couple more:

50's village shop

_small.jpg

and Glenlivet Post Office:

_small.jpg

fahim mohammed

Jarmo, a wonderful earthly portrait. The accompanying museum story just adds more to the whole
adventure.

Thank you for sharing.

Helene Anderson

Noticed the London Stout at 2/6! Are the other things there sold at 1950s prices?

Could be a really interesting story about scottish village life behind the images though. Some things never change (or at least change slowly).

Jarmo Juntunen

Thank you Fahim and Hélène! I'm pleased to read your comments. Like I said in the first post, this was a remarkable museum. They really made history feel real. My kids absolutely loved the shop, no wonder with all those sweets they were selling. If my memory doesn't fail me, the lady said most of their sortiment was in sale already in the 50's.

Here are my girls attending a lesson in a 1930's Inverness school:

_small.jpg

Helene Anderson

Your children look settled there.

I once asked my Dad if he could visit any period from his life where would he go? He replied the 1930s, many of the advantages of today (but not - all before someone starts a list!) but few of the disadvantages.