• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Point and Shoot..The Portraits.

fahim mohammed

p1021925406-5.jpg

Charlotte Thompson

Fahim

awesome catch!

I love the beauty of age. I think so do you.
Every little nuance is portrayed here in the face. All the beautiful lines of life-
Also that strand of straw just to the right in her hair is just sublime-
Fantastic-

Charlotte-

fahim mohammed

Charlotte, what a wonderfully encouraging comment.
I am so very very grateful.

Thank you and best wishes.

Fahim

awesome catch!

I love the beauty of age. I think so do you.
Every little nuance is portrayed here in the face. All the beautiful lines of life-
Also that strand of straw just to the right in her hair is just sublime-
Fantastic-

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Stopping and paying attention to another human being.

EDITORIAL

Part of the social good that photography can do, (besides showing a lantern to ourselves and the world which we claim), is the creation of bonds of value between us. Let me explain further.

Stopping and saying hello requires taking a slight risk of rejection. However, the rewards to the person being photographed can be great. Someone, nicely dressed, from another world, thinks I'm of worth to greet. Just for that few seconds it means that the person feels better and someone has, in a way hugged them and said, you may not be wealthy or have privilege, but I respect you and value you being you.

So Fahim's photography here represents more than a superficial pass through a village. I believe that one child might have their life changed by the respect they felt for that fleeting moment.

I do more surreptitious photography, but also make this mode of work my most special skill. However, here, Fahim is on his home turf. He does this naturally. The camera is not really important. The person is not being seen with the lens or the mind but with through the soul.

p448789985.jpg

p1021925406-5.jpg

p44976733-5.jpg

In none of these is composition, levels of gray tone, sharpness or other conceit we use important. What shows is the feeling that there's a bond between the photographer, and now us and the person he meets.

Kudos!

Now, if we could somehow harness this respect and caring to calm down folk, we'd save the world!

Asher

fahim mohammed

p561680153.jpg

Thank you for viewing this thread. I am grateful for all the valuable and encouraging comments that have
been so kindly provided.

Best regards.