• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Photography, Photography and Photographs!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Doug Kerr raised the issue of his technical notes being perhaps too visible here. Others have returned with assurances that they do glean much from these contributions. So let me share my views.

The relevance of technical contributions is increased when there are fresh comments and new pictures coming in daily. We have a lot of looking but that's not enough. What allows, (even hard to fathom at first), technical writing to seat well here is the abundance of intriguing bold pictures that have us admire the work or raise our hackles and demand insights or explanations.

We wouldn't to go on a photographic safari and spend 80% of our time in lectures about the political origins of African wildlife conservation success and competency. While critical, it does not make up for not getting to the migrating herds of wilderbeast thundering towards a raging river. There to slither down muddy banks and jump past the gauntlets of voracious crocodiles waiting in ambush.

It's the photographs that justify and make sense of everything here! With an abundance of photographs, the explanations are an added bonus. Alone, one wonders why one even booked the long light there! So I urge everyone to make OPF flourish by sharing pictures and opinions on them.

Asher