• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Air Show

Chris Calohan

I was privileged last year to attend a private F-22 Raptor demonstration at Tyndall AFB, FL.

This is an amazing aircraft and in this sequential composite, the F-22 made a high speed turn in less than a half mile. He was in full afterburner throughout the entire turn.

43365953884_65a29db354_b_d.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I was privileged last year to attend a private F-22 Raptor demonstration at Tyndall AFB, FL.

This is an amazing aircraft and in this sequential composite, the F-22 made a high speed turn in less than a half mile. He was in full afterburner throughout the entire turn.

43365953884_65a29db354_b_d.jpg

Chris,

Glad you rebooted this image. I really like the composition and commend you for the effort and success.

This tactical fighter plane is still dominant in its air space. Electronics have evolved and it’s able to project power and carry out missions even in the presence of the latest S400 Russian radar. Although the F-35 is superior in stealth technology and radar suppression, this plane has many advantages still for air to air and air to ground combat.

Training of pilots is the next factor that allows for an older platform to compete. American crews have amongst the most intense instruction and hours of flight time. Then the planes have to be serviced and ready to fly at a moment’s notice. These machines are very complex and simply owning them is like buying a Stradivarius. Yes, congrats, you now own one of the finest products of man!

But what are you going to do with it?

Asher

Chris Calohan

There is a retired pilot who gives one of these prints to each pilot who graduates from the training program. I give him a good break on the price of each print.