Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > The Gear > Gear Support: Bags/ Cases/ Tripods/Transport or anything else needed for a shoot!

Old March 25th, 2018, 03:06 AM

Default Obscene

Save our Planet
Old March 25th, 2018, 05:10 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahim mohammed View Post
Fahim,

I think this article might be a spoof. Unless I am mistaken, the pictures are all created for the made up pretend story!

But it’s 5:00 am and I have not checked it out further, as yet. But if true, it’s beyond obscene!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old March 25th, 2018, 07:48 AM

Nope. This is for real Mr. Kelman.

Mr. Overgaard is well know in the Leica ' in ' community.
And a prolific writer on all things Leica. Of course, he is a Leica photog too!

I wait, maybe not too long, for the lastest designer bag produced with the last surviving white rhino.
Truly a collector's item for the discerning few!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
Fahim,

I think this article might be a spoof. Unless I am mistaken, the pictures are all created for the made up pretend story!

But it’s 5:00 am and I have not checked it out further, as yet. But if true, it’s beyond obscene!

Asher
Old March 25th, 2018, 12:33 PM

wow, just wow. I read the article and was really surprised. Even when I read the elephant skin bag was not from illegal hunting, it still turned my stomach upside down. Well, even the calf leather is way beyond what I can afford, as I would like to get a new camera for half of that and still have to wait; so he can keep his bags be they calf, alligator or elephant skins or whatever else he can choose to offer. I can't even imagine running around with one of those and having to explain to everyone that it was legally obtained and that you really needed the durability. Really, do you? Anyways, I digress
Old March 25th, 2018, 02:04 PM

Yep Maggie. That is how some make their bucks. And surely, that is how some spend their bucks.

Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Terlecki View Post
wow, just wow. I read the article and was really surprised. Even when I read the elephant skin bag was not from illegal hunting, it still turned my stomach upside down. Well, even the calf leather is way beyond what I can afford, as I would like to get a new camera for half of that and still have to wait; so he can keep his bags be they calf, alligator or elephant skins or whatever else he can choose to offer. I can't even imagine running around with one of those and having to explain to everyone that it was legally obtained and that you really needed the durability. Really, do you? Anyways, I digress
Old March 25th, 2018, 03:48 PM

A couple of very smarmy guys. Really disgusting stuff!
Old March 27th, 2018, 02:30 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
Fahim,

Asher
I now realize how my mistake occurred! My tired brain saw the rather unfamiliar, (at least to me), Overgaard name and mistakenly associated it with another ”Scanda-wegian”, none other than our own valued Per Ellström, with his brilliant “conjured up” art work by the talented editorial and travel photographer, “Sven Boqvists”!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old April 21st, 2018, 03:14 AM

No, it's real. I have seen several threads reacting to this. Since Overgaard's luxury luggage doesn't look as if it would survive airport handling and I don't fly on private jets very often, I think this belongs in an alternate world that I don't live in. This stuff costs more than 10x what solid waterproof carriers from Ace Hardware or Amazon would cost, so it doesn't capture a single brain cycle. And he has dropped the elephant skin offering.

scott