• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Kingston Pro Elite CF cards

George Cannon

Has anyone had any problems with Kingston Pro Elite CF cards that you can relate? I've been a die hard SanDisk user but found a good deal on the Kingston, so wondering if I'm safe using these. I know Kinston is a big name in computer memory chips, etc. Just haven't had experience with their cards.

Cem_Usakligil

Has anyone had any problems with Kingston Pro Elite CF cards that you can relate? I've been a die hard SanDisk user but found a good deal on the Kingston, so wondering if I'm safe using these. I know Kinston is a big name in computer memory chips, etc. Just haven't had experience with their cards.
Hi George,

First of all, welcome to OPF. I hope you'll enjoy it here. Please feel free to join any discussions or ask questions. Also, please show us some of your work when you are settled down.

I use SanDisk as well as Kingston Pro Elite CF cards. Actually, I have 2x32 GB KPE cards and a 16GB one. They have never caused any troubles, but then neither did my SanDisk cards. The only down side of the KPE cards compared to SanDisk Extreme III series is that they are fractionally slower to write to when I continuously shoot a lot of frames on my 5D Mk II such that the buffer gets saturated. But only just (around 10-15% slower). For normal shooting, they are equally good. HTH.

Cheers,

I use two of their 4GB cards in my Canon 50D and have had no issues. They aren't as fast to copy files from as some of my other cards, but that's not a problem. I've had them for a year or two now, and recall they were pretty cheap at the local Fry's Electronics one week.