• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Is there a problem ?

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Asher,

... I'll repeat that "Riskit!" is for personal new or ongoing projects that are experimental and not a free invitation for others to post their own works. So it's harder to post comments here as the answers are most important!
It is your forum and you are free to define its parameters. But I remember well that this was not the original purpose of the Riskit sub-forum when it was started. It was indeed meant for experimental shots by photographers trying out new things. Like an established sports shooter posting all of a sudden some macro pics, etc. The original description did not have the exclusivity clause nor the requirement for series of work and/or projects. It was an open invitation to all: post here your picture if you are not sure of it yourself or if you are trying new things or if you want to have early comments on some work in progress, etc. This was a simple and understandable message, I knew well when I had to use riskit. I am not so sure now.

...Look at this picture, for example. Why no visits from you guys?
Are you seriously asking this question? I would love to give an answer but I already know that it will result in getting myself flamed. So 'll pass thank you. Suffice it to say, I have visited that.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Asher,

It is your forum and you are free to define its parameters. But I remember well that this was not the original purpose of the Riskit sub-forum when it was started. It was indeed meant for experimental shots by photographers trying out new things. Like an established sports shooter posting all of a sudden some macro pics, etc. The original description did not have the exclusivity clause nor the requirement for series of work and/or projects. It was an open invitation to all: post here your picture if you are not sure of it yourself or if you are trying new things or if you want to have early comments on some work in progress, etc. This was a simple and understandable message, I knew well when I had to use riskit. I am not so sure now.

Cem,

Your original understanding of the section, "Riskit!" is correct but it needs to be qualified. "Riskit!" is indeed for Experimental or new fields for ONE photographer focused on some path and/goal. Just if you are not sure of that subject or t's a new idea and how you approach it then here's YOUR OWN space. Folk will hopefully give strong feedback based on your own declared vision and/needs. Having space n Riskit! means some commitment to the project and hence a series of images is likely going to result. It's both a protected incubator and a place for realistic open, honest feedback and/guidance.

So we don't expect new threads here every day! However, for it to work, we need to make sure that the posts are given attention by the rest of us.

As far as your comments on the other picture, if for example, you wanted to say it was "kitsch" or "the usual staged wedding pics", then that's fine. It would be a valid single opinion and would contribute well to a fair critique. We need a landscape of opinions not just my artistic rants nor just "Wow!" It's the spread of comments that builds to being useful to the O.P. The added power of your response is that you could end up having another set of eyes to your own pictures too.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Are you seriously asking this question? I would love to give an answer but I already know that it will result in getting myself flamed. So 'll pass thank you. Suffice it to say, I have visited that.

Yes, I am! I get complaints by several key members, often at the same time, saying they are waiting for responses. I look at their pictures and they are all significant and interesting. Well, if the three of them would actually leave some remark, even "nice" or "Postcard!", then we know two "someones" paid our picture respect. Even negative comments are welcome, just well-mannered.

When there's no comment, that just adds to the views and the O.P. waits and waits!

I myself try to post later if I can, but don't like to see quality pictures become orphaned.

Asher

Last edited:

Mark Hampton

Cem,

As far as your comments on the other picture, if for example, you wanted to say it was "kitsch" or "the usual staged wedding pics", then that's fine. It would be a valid single opinion and would contribute well to a fair critique. We need a landscape of opinions not just my artistic rants nor just "Wow!" It's the spread of comments that builds to being useful to the O.P. The added power of your response is that you could end up having another set of eyes to your own pictures too.

Asher

Asher - i tend to look and not post on many images - but i think i may as well try - people do sometimes comment on what I do and it's not a personal thing - it's just an image or work...

risk it has alwways ment - risk it to me - simplels

cheers