• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: A tribute to Leica

fahim mohammed

Over the years, I have used many cameras. But not many makes. Leica and Nikon predominantly.
Very lately, I got a Sony RX100 as a p&s. That is it.

I shall talk about Nikon in another thread, sometime else.

This one is about me and my Leica. Around the world, many times over. Film and digital.

Not a light camera, my Leica, but less voluminous than my Nikon. Basic. And my M8 is now irreparable if the lcd goes faulty. But that is then.

So a small amateur's tribute to Leica with the pictures it took for me.

fahim mohammed

Welcome to my world...

p1368310967-4.jpg

fahim mohammed

The process of talking a photograph has been as important to me as the image itself. The feel, the turn of the focus ring, the confident click of the aperture stops, the process..

p1368315928-4.jpg

fahim mohammed

Cliches abound when one talks about using a rangefinder. Leica never was and never shall be a value proposition. Most cameras nowadays are higher speed than a Leica.

Ever wondered why folks on forums talk about incessantly about using adapters to use Leica lenses on their cameras?

Are images made with a Leica better than other cameras? No, not necessarily. Nothing but a tool. You choose a paintbrush. Any paintbrush could do the job even better, again yes and no.

p1065562758-4.jpg

To be continued...

fahim mohammed

Thanks James. I read on Leica rumors that something new might be coming end of the year or september. Maybe a new mount? We have the M, X, S, R, Q and a new one? I shall wait anxiously for the announcement, if there is one at all. Hope it is af and M mount compatible, with good high iso capabilities.

p356027885-5.jpg

James Lemon

Thanks James. I read on Leica rumors that something new might be coming end of the year or september. Maybe a new mount? We have the M, X, S, R, Q and a new one? I shall wait anxiously for the announcement, if there is one at all. Hope it is af and M mount compatible, with good high iso capabilities.

p356027885-5.jpg

This is a superb image Fahim! I feel much the same I have lots invested in M mounts.

James

Antonio Correia

I have just bought a Sony RX100 fro my wife !
Good price at it will be discontinued in some time, now that the 4 arrived.
Very portable small piece to shoot with.

It has Leica lens and my wife is just starting to use it. She is the kind of person who reads the manual to begin with and uses most of the time Intelligent Auto, Plus or not Plus.

Recently she was invited to come to OPF but she declined...

I am afraid but at this point, no photograph of hers is available for me.

fahim mohammed

The old M8. Introduced in 2006, and now discontinued.

I have dusted one of these, to take on a vacation. Just checking it out this morning...

p1529433788-4.jpg

Yep...works fine.