• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Big Backpack for traveling???

Otto Haring

What is your recommendation for a large backpack for traveling?

Currently I have the Medium Tenba rolling backpack: http://www.tenba.com/Products/Shootout-Rolling-Backpack-Medium-Black.aspx
The problem is that it is not comfortable to have it on your back. It is more a rolling back. I would have something which I can carry on my back for an hour without killing me. I shoot a lot of destination weddings and the way I carry my gear is very important.

I want a backpack, which is:

- large
- fits into most airplanes bag compartment
- waterproof, and
- durable.

It doesn't have to have wheels.

Can you recommend me anything?

Tom dinning

Registrant*
My Lowepro Computrekka does me well. Comfy, waterproof with an extra raincoat built in, room for 2 bodies, 4-5 lenses and a flash plus bits and pieces, laptop and tripod strapped on. No wheels but never felt I needed them. Its travelled the world and its all I take on the plane. On an overnight stay I can always fit in a change of undies and a tooth brush.

Otto Haring

My Lowepro Computrekka does me well. Comfy, waterproof with an extra raincoat built in, room for 2 bodies, 4-5 lenses and a flash plus bits and pieces, laptop and tripod strapped on. No wheels but never felt I needed them. Its travelled the world and its all I take on the plane. On an overnight stay I can always fit in a change of undies and a tooth brush.

Awesome! Does it fit into the overhead bin of small domestic planes? They always give me a hard time!

Tom dinning

Registrant*
It's fitted any luggage space on any plane I've ever been on including domestic in Australia, UK and most of Europe, except Italy. Those Italian pilots are crazy.