• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hollywood Style!

James Lemon

i-rBGz8gZ-L.jpg

i-wv3HQP8-L.jpg

Wow, James, these are very cool. The first one is so very much the old Hollywood glamor shot and love the shadow of the fan. Also, what a great chair to use as a prop.

The second has a very 'pulp fiction'' type of feel and nice with the light through the cell window.

Is this in your studio? or do you rent a studio (I know some do). I'm asking because I mostly know your work from street photography and this is very different.

Maggie

James Lemon

Maggie, Asher, Jarmo

I really appreciate your comments! I have always been intrigued by old Hollywood style images and I have always wanted to make some nude images as well. Recently I was able to participate in a seminar/workshop presented by Trevor and Faye Yerbury. The styling was done by Faye and the models did their own make up. In the morning we did the Hollywood style theme and then some of us moved to another location in the afternoon to shoot nudes in natural light. I love shooting in natural light but I was not happy with the locations for the nudes. The strange thing is that I was the only amateur at this seminar and it appears that I was the only one who stuck to the Hollywood theme with my B/W the rest all processed in color. I don't mind colour if it is done right but some of them look like being stoned on L.S.D.

James