• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone!

happynewyear2018.jpg

I've been a bit busy in fall and early winter and have not posted here, but with the New Year now, time to get back to doing what I love and sharing some of it with you all.

I also wish you all a very happy and healthy New Year in 2018!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Maggie,

Welcome back! I finally did house cleaning and no longer am compulsive to rescue all forms of God's creatures. Stranded crickets I still let wander around but cockroaches not only get thrown out into the yard,?but wife berates me for being far too kind and insists that they be crushed too!

My regret is that we cannot save all the miracles in every chromosome we find! But then, there is such diversity and we will not be at a loss for humor, genius or insight.

Looking forward to more of your artwork.

This is going to be a great year!

Asher

Last edited:
Maggie,

Welcome back! I finally did house cleaning and no longer am compulsive to rescue all forms of God's creatures. Stranded crickets I still let wander around but cockroaches nor only get thrown out into the yard but wife berates me for being far too kind and insists that they be crushed too!

My regret is that we cannot save all the miracles in every chromosome we find! But then, there is such diversity and we will not be at a loss for humor, genius or insight.

Looking forward to more of your artwork.

This is going to be a great year!

Asher

Thank you Asher and your wife is right. It's alright to try to help, but when you do it over and over without any results, then you have to let go and just continue with your life as your life is just as important and should not have to stress over people that will suck every last drop of positive juice from your body.

Much love and as you say.. it's going to be a great year! :) Maggie

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Happy New Year everyone!

happynewyear2018.jpg

I've been a bit busy in fall and early winter and have not posted here, but with the New Year now, time to get back to doing what I love and sharing some of it with you all.

I also wish you all a very happy and healthy New Year in 2018!

Hello Maggie, is this a mould to cook cakes? It looks like!
If yes, a pic of the cake by you would surely be great! (and let us even more hungry!)

Happy new year to you too, snow and ice will melt one day!

Thank you very much, James! Happy New Year to you too!

As for the tree, it's a Christmas cookie cutter. Every year I make gingerbread cookies because my mom made them when I was young. You could say it's a bit of a tradition now, and I use her recipe.

Here as Nicolas asked is a picture of my cookies from this year. They are a bit on the
rustic side, but that's how it's always been.

cookies.jpg

James Lemon

Thank you very much, James! Happy New Year to you too!

As for the tree, it's a Christmas cookie cutter. Every year I make gingerbread cookies because my mom made them when I was young. You could say it's a bit of a tradition now, and I use her recipe.

Here as Nicolas asked is a picture of my cookies from this year. They are a bit on the
rustic side, but that's how it's always been.

cookies.jpg

Maggie

They look like a hit! Good you were able to keep the recipe and tradition going. I sure miss some of the recipes from the older generations that the other family members can seem to copy.

James

Maggie

They look like a hit! Good you were able to keep the recipe and tradition going. I sure miss some of the recipes from the older generations that the other family members can seem to copy.

James

Thanks James. They are a bit on the rustic side but taste great. I really don't have a lot of recipes from my mom. This one is rare but precious to me. I think perhaps I was only 25 when she passed and lacked the wisdom to actually accumulate recipes.

Other things she made, I wrote down, but it's not actually recipes.. it's more.. a bit of this, a lot of that, and don't forget to include certain ingredients and then it's up to your taste buds. It's like making pie... now I know that the humidity in the air affects how they come out but I remember my very first pie, living in my first apartment in Montreal, and it was horrible. It looked like a puzzle because I followed a recipe and didn't know enough to add more water and it was too dry and falling apart and I was squeezing sections together.. what a mess. But I've learned and make really great pies now. :)