Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF Welcome Hall > Themes

Themes Post the best of your favorites in our "Themes". Brief Comments only!

Old October 29th, 2012, 03:10 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Default Find Photo-Domino-connections: Berlin Wall Panels Opposite, LACMA, California!

Try to find images that can match at least one part of this photograph, grass being just incidental!

Asher Kelman: Berlin Wall Sections Opposite LACMA, Wilshire Blvd, L.A., California, October 2012

Ten panels we can number 1-10 from left plus the background. This should work something like matching dominoes. Just state and describe component from Berlin Wall or b.g. one is linking too. for example, #5, Kennedy! Be imaginative and not conservative! Association or even opposites are fine!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old October 29th, 2012, 03:43 AM

I'll answer with the b.g. This seems to me to be by RETNA, a local LA artist who writes win secret languages and won over LACMA curator Steven Deutch!

RETNA:Ultimate

Painting

Kohngalery.com Los Angleles, CA

You can read about him here. So now the b.g. has been addressed once, pick any section, to make your matches!

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old October 29th, 2012, 10:58 AM

The panel #2 with the jagged element suggests an earthquake surface rupture!

Prof. Grigory Koff, Geological Institute Russian Academy of Sciences: Kalingrad: Ground Fissure!
Macroseismic effects of the Sep.21,2004 Kaliningrad quakes at community of
Lyublino, c.a.20 km WNW of Kaliningrad see location map below).

Asher Kelman: Berlin Wall Sections Opposite LACMA, Wilshire Blvd, L.A., California, October 2012

Now you can match or contrast either picture elements as we proceed this game of photo dominoes! It's a game I thunk up for idea linkage.

So now we could add this:

National Geographic: Karen Kasmauski: Fractured Road, Japan

"A crane and several construction vehicles lay toppled on a fractured road in Kobe, Japan, after a 7.2 magnitude temblor shook the quake-prone country.
The Great Hanshin Earthquake Disaster of 1995 was one of the worst in Japanís history, killing 6,433 people and causing more than $100 billion in damages."

So that's how the pieces get put together and grow into a web of ideas! Have fun!!!

Asher

Old November 2nd, 2012, 01:46 PM

I know this is not a photograph, but I couldn't help comparing the earthquake one to this drawing about the earthquake/tsunami in Japan in 2011.

© Giacomo Cardelli - Cartoonmovement.com 2011
Old November 2nd, 2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Terlecki View Post
I know this is not a photograph, but I couldn't help comparing the earthquake one to this drawing about the earthquake/tsunami in Japan in 2011.

© Giacomo Cardelli - Cartoonmovement.com 2011
Maggie,

You have uplifted my spirits! At last someone figured it out perfectly how to play this picture dominoes I conjured up, and your choice is fun and apt. Thanks for bringing in such a cartoon. I'd never have seen it otherwise!

Well done!!

Asher

Old November 2nd, 2012, 04:57 PM

sadly, I think the post was lost in a shuffle of other ones so I didn't even see it before today. When I have a chance, I will try to do some more. :-)
Old November 14th, 2017, 05:59 AM

Wow. So sad it's not properly advertised.
I love your work.