• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Need some help with product photography

A friend of mine is a web page developer and has a dentist client who wants photos of teeth, retainers, dentures, etc. to post on his website. I haven't done much product photography and need some direction on this. The parameters he gave me are 3 or 4 different color backgrounds and 2 or 3 different angles on each product. He said there are 6 different products he wants photographed.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A friend of mine is a web page developer and has a dentist client who wants photos of teeth, retainers, dentures, etc. to post on his website. I haven't done much product photography and need some direction on this. The parameters he gave me are 3 or 4 different color backgrounds and 2 or 3 different angles on each product. He said there are 6 different products he wants photographed.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Karl,

Welcome to OPF! Hope you post some pictures too.

One can be for very little outlay lighting tent/dome/box kits where one puts the jewelry or small product inside with the correct background and lights the white fabric from the sides with the provided lights.

To be more fancy, one can add a tiny spot to make some part glow or include aluminum or gold foil inside as reflectors.

Almost any lens will do, but a macro lens id a good idea.

Asher

I find it an odd request for the dentist to show pictures of dentures and retainers etc., Personally, I think if I visited a dentist's website, I would much prefer to see people smiling, showing off their teeth to show how natural they look, or kids smiling with braces on etc., then the actual product which may not be easy to make look pleasing as product shots. I guess, any job is a good job but perhaps you could coax him into paying you to take pictures of some of his clients wearing them, instead. :)
Maggie