• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Get on up...

fahim mohammed

p1250713357-6.jpg

Antonio Correia

Very Fahim !
Extremely shallow DOF as usual.
Good image !
However, aren't those rectangles of light on the left, a bit too distracting and too large ?
Was this done through a window ?
:)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Fahim,

This picture gives me a creative jolt. I have to sit up and think, "What has Fahim done to get our attention?"

The shadow patterns on the drum and (in ? a reflection), on the lower left and the framings on the upper right help to build a world of geometric shapes. These have a variety of qualities that seem to work with this performer. At least, you're breaking out of the classical mindsets of portraitists!

I'd love to see this as a print and see what experience it's able to evoke. The accidental occurrence of this unusual motif of diverse rectangularity is a stimulus to me to think differently about what could constitute a supporting framework outside the limits and over the area of the main subject.

Asher

fahim mohammed

Thanks for the comments Antonio. To be honest, I did not notice the distractions; I was focussing on the guitar strings.

No, not through a window...just bent a little in front of the group. I was just behind the iPad...at an angle.

p1252550927-6.jpg

Very Fahim !
Extremely shallow DOF as usual.
Good image !
However, aren't those rectangles of light on the left, a bit too distracting and too large ?
Was this done through a window ?
:)

fahim mohammed

Just point and shoot Asher..Thanks for your interesting insights into the image above. Full frontal would have been very meh, in that shot. As in the following too.

p1250713337-6.jpg

But definitely this had to be up front...At least in my opinion.

p1250713333-6.jpg

Fahim,

This picture gives me a creative jolt. I have to sit up and think, "What has Fahim done to get our attention?"

The shadow patterns on the drum and (in ? a reflection), on the lower left and the framings on the upper right help to build a world of geometric shapes. These have a variety of qualities that seem to work with this performer. At least, you're breaking out of the classical mindsets of portraitists!

I'd love to see this as a print and see what experience it's able to evoke. The accidental occurrence of this unusual motif of diverse rectangularity is a stimulus to me to think differently about what could constitute a supporting framework outside the limits and over the area of the main subject.

Asher

fahim mohammed

Thanks Cem.

I am struggling with my iOS 8.3 it has not cured the horrible problem with iOS dropping wifi connections. Miserable support and fixes from Apple.