• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Tower Crane

I caught this tower crane being erected while sat in traffic. iPhone SE
QTW6oeB.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I caught this tower crane being erected while sat in traffic. iPhone SE
QTW6oeB.jpg

Christian, I too stop to document City Scenes like this.

This case is particularly interesting!

I wonder what the round column is for? Not often one sees a crane at at angle!

Can anyone explain this?

Asher

The concrete column in the middle is the lift shaft, the rest of the build goes up around it. The crane is in the process of being assembled. The part you see on the left has been fixed to the top of the build, the piece on the right, at an angle, is the jib of the fixed crane, being lifted into position by a mobile crane.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The concrete column in the middle is the lift shaft, the rest of the build goes up around it. The crane is in the process of being assembled. The part you see on the left has been fixed to the top of the build, the piece on the right, at an angle, is the jib of the fixed crane, being lifted into position by a mobile crane.

So the segmented piping at an angle is the extended part of the mobile crane?

BTW, is putting up the elevator shaft first common? Do they install the machinery with a temporary work cabin, that will be ultimately used for passengers as they then upgrade it and clean it up or what?

I have never seen a shaft put in first!

In the rapid concrete floor pours in China, its one floor at a time all the way across! Then the outside savaffolding is just hoisted up one level!

Asher