• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Dreams that won't let Go

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Inside my Head
dreams that won't let go​

Charlotte,

You have an excuisite mastery of building an image from translucent layers. It has your character and fingerprints, but but no disclosure of technique, as there is no clumsiness or detritus left of your process.

This picture takes its place in a growing collection of admirable wisps of graceful and timeless femininity that you collage from pictures of the past.

Just keep a log of provenance, so no charges of impropriety can be made!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

Thank you. Disclosure of technique is complicated. Very. Layer upon layer. I work with Adobe and Picasa and can the same photo and come up with an entirely new look and feel. This one was a head chop with 2 other females as a dress top but with the building of layers is unrecognizable backgrounds collide together many of which I make from my own photos and change them... So far no dead vintage photographer has charged me but you never know. Winks.

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

Asher

Thank you. Disclosure of technique is complicated. Very. Layer upon layer. I work with Adobe and Picasa and can the same photo and come up with an entirely new look and feel. This one was a head chop with 2 other females as a dress top but with the building of layers is unrecognizable backgrounds collide together many of which I make from my own photos and change them... So far no dead vintage photographer has charged me but you never know. Winks.

Charlotte-

Charlotte,

I was merely marveling at your technique, not asking for your secrets, LOL! Still, I would love sometime to watch over your shoulder, LOL!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Admirable and contemplatative work, as always.
I can only envy the talent and dedication required for such. And the ' vision ', of course.

How you doing Charlotte?

Charlotte Thompson

Michael
Most of my work you could say that about. I am as a person very spiritual so guess that shows. Thank you for coming by with your great comment.

Charlotte

Asher Kelman

The image does look very spiritual and makes you look deep into it.

Chatlotte,

I too commend Michael's succinct yet insightful comment!

I think, in a modern way, what we called "spirits" can be considered as some sort of theoretical "influence field" that the personality of an individual seems to radiate into the space they occupy. For some its dank and musty, others its gentle, lyrical and whimsical. This is the chilly, warm, imposing or radiant "presence" we feel when the person enters the room.

I see this in all of your work, so that even apparently 2D images contain these "presences"!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

I love your thoughts as I have thought the same. It's as if a passionate influence of sorts...a deep connection. I do think everything is of spirit. It lives and breathes on our planet as great influence as vibrations we can pick up. I stay try to stay awake to this as humanly possible. I think it is infinite in every degree and more. Thanks for coming by!

Today May 19 is your birthday! Happy Birthday my dear friend. Have a few for me.

Charlotte

Asher Kelman

Asher

I love your thoughts as I have thought the same. It's as if a passionate influence of sorts...a deep connection. I do think everything is of spirit. It lives and breathes on our planet as great influence as vibrations we can pick up. I stay try to stay awake to this as humanly possible. I think it is infinite in every degree and more. Thanks for coming by!

Today May 19 is your birthday! Happy Birthday my dear friend. Have a few for me.

Charlotte

Charlotte,

The spirits that radiate from us can be good or bad. I try my best to be nice to the other folk in the tour bus. If I hurt someone, for sure its not by intent!

......almost all of the time!

I am very surprised how easilly it is for the numerological caption of what age we have reached to keep climbing without ever asking my permission!

Thanks for the "Happy Birthday" wish. Much appreciated

Asher