• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Excited To Be Here!

Ben Grace

Hello all!

I've been a "serious" photographer (with a DSLR) for about a year know, and I've learned a lot! I came here to continue the learning process, as I still have plenty of areas to improve.

Thanks!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hello all!

I've been a "serious" photographer (with a DSLR) for about a year know, and I've learned a lot! I came here to continue the learning process, as I still have plenty of areas to improve.

Thanks!

Ben,

Glad to be the very first to greet you! Really looking forward to seeing some of your favorites and feedback on pictures here that catch your eye!

Asher

Bob Rogers

Hi Ben,

I've been pretty serious about photography for 20 odd years. Some odder than others ;-). But there's always more to learn. Some of the "real" photographers here are very sharing with their wisdom; their work can be really inspiring. Either that or depressing -- as in, "how come my stuff never looks as good at that?" But it's like many other activities -- what you get out is in direct proportion to what you put in.

Hi Ben,

Welcome to our forum. I think you'll find a lot of interesting and stimulating discussions here. Oh, and yeah... some photos too! :-D
Maggie

Ben Grace

Hi Ben,

I've been pretty serious about photography for 20 odd years. Some odder than others ;-). But there's always more to learn. Some of the "real" photographers here are very sharing with their wisdom; their work can be really inspiring. Either that or depressing -- as in, "how come my stuff never looks as good at that?" But it's like many other activities -- what you get out is in direct proportion to what you put in.

I agree! I've come to learn that, since I've become "serious", looking a great photo can be both inspiring and depressing. But, at the same time, I think that feeling also drives me to be creative and productive. I've put a lot of time into photography since I've started, and I'm looking to improve my self to (hopefully) find my niche.

Here's a link to around 50 of some of my most well received photos from the past year...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/srt-4/sets/72157633766739896/

I hope you guys take a look and FEEL FREE TO CRITIQUE!! I'm here to learn, and if there is a photo that you think could be improved, I'm all ears :). And, if you think I'm doing something well, you can tell me that too :).

I'm currently undecided on where I want to go with photography, so if you think there is an area of my work that is far and beyond the others, let me know!

Ben,
Just took a quick look at your photos. I think you have a good eye. There are too many photos there to actually do a critique but most of them are quite wonderful with pleasant compositions.