• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Black-backed Woodpeckers

Doug Herr

I recently visited a remote part of Sierra County (north of Truckee California) where a pair of Black-backed Woodpeckers was busy feeding young chicks. The male has yellow on his head.

bbwood04.jpg

bbwood05.jpg

Antonio Correia

You are a very patient man Doug.

I am sure this image, as many of your bird photographs, are time consuming to take. But I am sure you do like this kind of photography. :)

Long lens...

:)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I recently visited a remote part of Sierra County (north of Truckee California) where a pair of Black-backed Woodpeckers was busy feeding young chicks. The male has yellow on his head.

bbwood04.jpg

bbwood05.jpg

I do hope you have some friends or kids to share these opportunities. These are such wonderful looks at nature's natural beauty.

Doug, I can't say enough of how I enjoy this!

Asher