• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Private glimpses

Nigel Allan

I infrequently take pictures with my Nikon and only when the muse strikes me. Sometimes this can come unexpectedly 5 minutes after waking up bleary eyed like the other morning. I was half asleep and ran and grabbed my camera and took these as the imagery grabbed me and felt I had to capture the moment.

Nikon D750, minimal pp, as shot mainly

Daybreak

Doug Kerr

Hi, Nigel,

I infrequently take pictures with my Nikon and only when the muse strikes me. Sometimes this can come unexpectedly 5 minutes after waking up bleary eyed like the other morning. I was half asleep and ran and grabbed my camera and took these as the imagery grabbed me and felt I had to capture the moment.

Absolutely charming, in so many ways.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Nikon D750, minimal pp, as shot mainly

Daybreak

Michael,

I especially like that the poses appear to be natural. being so, they are glimpses of your muse and love without any conceits. This is a "private version" of street photography where ordinary life can be documented. Here there's the feeling of an additional element, trust and intimacy.

some women take exception to their quite private moments being photographed. You are fortunate to have such a tolerant lover/buddy.

If you did pose her, then kudos, as these seem genuinely sampled from her innate behavior and femininity..

Asher

Nigel Allan

Daybreak

Nigel,

I especially like that the poses appear to be natural. being so, they are glimpses of your muse and love without any conceits. This is a "private version" of street photography where ordinary life can be documented. Here there's the feeling of an additional element, trust and intimacy.

some women take exception to their quite private moments being photographed. You are fortunate to have such a tolerant lover/buddy.

If you did pose her, then kudos, as these seem genuinely sampled from her innate behavior and femininity..

Asher

Thank you Asher, your insights are usually spot on. I feel that most women actually would have no problem with such glimpses providing the motivation or intention was honourable - to produce a memorable, 'artistic' and not degrading image. As you see from these, or indeed any of my 'private' photos I have ever shown, they do not put the lady in a compromising position or reveal anything she feels uncomfortable with. In fact, they are usually thrilled to have such moments recorded and feel proud if presented in the right way

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Do more!

This is important! We have no one else here recording life like this. Just continue to work with full consent and ignore critics. P.C. police are over powerful in giving us extra moral leadership which cramps the expression of appreciation of our humanity in treasuring each other like this!

Asher

Nigel Allan

Yes I looked at B&W but in my opinion that depersonalizes the image in this case. I think the colour makes it 'real' and 'intimate'.

I am open to be persuaded otherwise

Antonio Correia

Looking and seeing again, I find the first one very sensual and suggestive.

Perhaps if you want to create a series, even small it might be, I would opt for the black and white...

Perhaps later one, you could refine the last one and remove the watch and the bra, using similar procedure - removing clothes - in the second one...

Try also - excuse me for giving so many suggestions - a duotone. The one I use from Lenswork for example.
Play a bit with Luminosity.
i-Dx3zRnV-L.jpg

Antonio Correia

After doing the black and white, apply and adjust the duotone in the Develop module.
Then adjust the curves at will and apply Clarity (Within Develop / Basic
Piece of cake !

i-ggBDqd5-S.jpg

Peter Dexter

I hope you don't mind my jumping in. I'm new here. Anyway I especially like the second one. It has a wonderful Vermeer quality.