• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Untitled 17

Cem_Usakligil

m04495.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Two men stand, centered on a "flower" marked on the ground, energized and talking. The buildings on each side seem to lean down towards them, as if to listen in, protect or crush them, we do not know.

That latter dystopia is reflective of the path we must travel on our journey. We are just small things in the larger picture.

Well seen and well disciplined in not correcting lens distortion!

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

I like this one. I get a strong feeling of being there. Nice amount of detail in the houses. Where was this taken?

Cem_Usakligil

Thanks Asher and Jarmo.

.... Does the picture also work when the buildings are orthogonal or is most of the interest and uniqueness lost?
What do you think yourself? We have a saying in Dutch: asking the question is actually answering it. ;)

Jarmo this is an old neighborhood in Istanbul.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks Asher and Jarmo.

What do you think yourself? We have a saying in Dutch: asking the question is actually answering it. ;)

For sure, Cem, some less experienced photographers might have deftly used photoshop skills to proudly present a well-crafted correction of such a picture out of the camera.

Still, it is not obvious that they would always be in error. Were you certain that the image would be damaged or you explored that too in your mind and then rejected it?

Asher