• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Question from A Pentax User

Larry wanted to know how the Pentax stood up under pro shooting conditions. This was what I said..

Hello Larry;

It was quite seamless. The four point toggle takes some getting used to. That is a question of conditioning after years with Canon. Focusing very fast and accurate. Nice RAW images. Worked just fine. It IS a professional camera for me. I am a professional. I used it today and yesterday for an important client. It did the job. It didn't blow up! It kept taking pictures without one thought of concern ever entering my mind. I shot over 12 gig of images and my batteries on both of the bodies are still able to shoot at least another 200 each.

Look..I shoot in studio and in interior locations. I really don't know how it would do under adverse conditions as yet. I'll probably never find out. I want good raw native images that will translate well to the printed media. Pentax WON five stars and not "JUST" five stars...Nudge Nudge Wink Wink, Say No More, Say No More!

I work for a living as a photographer...Can PHIL say that?

Also someone alluded to the the fact that the Phil I was referring to was a Phil from some Camera Forum...It isn't THAT Phil the Phil I am referring to is:

Originally Posted by NaClH2O

Ha! Ben, that was very naughty of you. Don't you know that Phil is a important person over at that other place? You could even get banned for saying such things! wink wink
On a serious note, I am happy the camera "worked as intended" It's always nice to hear that the equipment that I've decided to invest my hard earned money in passes muster from a professional.

NaCl(glad it worked out and the one image I've seen so far is stunning)H2O

Banned??? What are you talking about? I was referring to my cousin Phil Moscowitz from the Bronx. There must be some misunderstanding here...You know "Phil" my cousin who is a gear junkie, who has tons of camera's, never really uses them, really, and can never get his exposers, composition, subjects and general sense of artistry quite right. He just likes playing with them, makes him feel good. That's the Phil I was referring to.

Benji

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well Benjii,

We have never banned anyone professional, let alone someone who shoots with a new camera!

Asher!